Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Nov 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Looks Like Universal is back on The Agenda Aug 22

After two solid years of my Californian dream being covid crushed, we were looking to be 3rd time lucky.

But circumstances have changed.

we usually go in october with the two week half term, but both my Daughters leave school this year, one for Uni and one for College and that's the end of that perk!

we only have the first two weeks in August as a window due to results and family weddings etc.

I really don't fancy Cali in August and pricing it up, it had lost its advantage over Orlando. Pre covid, it was MUCH cheaper. Not now.

so today I did a dummy booking with a number of different websites and a package with BA Holidays has come out on top.

Two weeks at the start of aug (2-16), 3xad 1x16yrold Cabana Bay family room, flights LHR to MCO via Philly, - £5416

Tickets cost just an extra £184 as we have credit with Attraction tix from our double failed Disney Cali trip.

It will an all Universal trip.

Hire cars are outrageous right now, so UBER from airport is $50 and to Idrive is $10 and that costs in nicely.

I think i might press the button on this tonight when the family are home...
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Do it! You'll all have a great time. Universal is great fun and especially good for the older children. Some great new rides too! I found Universal to be better value for food and drinks than WDW last time we visited too.

Have you considered getting express passes for a few days? It is hugely expensive but well worth it if the queues are long! Maybe you could have a couple of nights at Hard Rock Hotel or Royal Pacific (this becomes very good value when you factor in the free express passes - 2 days express passes with 1 night booking).

Not sure how much it'll cost but you could book their cheapest room for the four of you and then leave your daughters at the other hotel for a night? they might need to come and meet you to pick up the express passes at check in but well worth the bother for the cost savings.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Yes, thank you!

I also had that exact idea last night especially as it’s our wedding anniversary while we are there. So I looked on various sites and I can get one night at RPR for £401 from Hotels.com

As you say, factor in two days worth of passes at $139 (x 8 = $1112) and it becomes a no brainier.

Not pressed the button yet as there is annual leave and the connecting flights to be certain of - there is a 5 hour layover In Philly so may do some more digging.

But this is shaping up nicely
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

It’s Done!

Booked this Morning and got a better deal.

Tuesday 2nd -Tuesday 16th and via Philly out, Chicago back. On BA/AA

£5250. 3 adult one child (16)

Cabana bay family room.

Very happy with all that. I’m sure there will be cheaper flights, but I’m happy with £5k for 4 people and on site accommodation.

Will probably do the extra night at hard rock and take advantage of a night on our own and 4 x 2 day express passes.

Also have the BA guarantee so Happy days!

Edited at 04:40 PM.
Old 23 Nov 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

We visited Universal this last Sunday. Park was busy as it was Sunday but also its Thanksgiving week. Ive booked a night this coming Sunday at RPR just for the Express Passes for the two days...well worth the money IMO when its busy. Universal not asking for masks to be worn by double vaccinated people inside or outside. Queues were a tad long to ride on Sunday but it was great being back and just taking it all in with a nice stroll around.

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List