Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Nov 21, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MJH1948
Proud to wear my Ears

Any advice please

Hello everyone. I’ve not been on the forum since the dark days of 2020 but I feel much more positive about the future now.

I was wondering if I could ask for some advice/opinion please on
my dilemma!

So present I have BA flights booked for travel to Phoenix in Mid-April 2022. These flights were booked ages ago and since then my plans have altered. As a family we hope to go to Florida late April/May instead.

Do you think I should cancel the BA flights and get an e-voucher. Then I’d be ready to purchase BA flights to MCO if the prices drop. Alternatively should I hold on in the hope that BA may significantly change the flight times or not fly direct, meaning we might be able to apply for a total refund. I’m just not sure what is my best option? Thanks
MJH1948 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Wow that’s a tricky one it’s a gamble on prices and I think as more people see the positive reports of masks on planes for kids more flights will sell prices will go up. If you don’t want to go to Phoenix now then surely getting a voucher knowing you will have to top it up is an option.

Of course the other option is to try to get BA to move your Phoenix flight to dates that fit in with Florida dates and buy an internal flight that may be a cheaper option

Edited at 09:14 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I think hanging on hoping for a schedule change is a bit of a long shot and am not clear what the benefit of that is anyway, BA have had pretty flexible booking terms throughout the pandemic.

I’d just change it to what you want now.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Book the flights you want now and then don't look at prices anymore.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MJH1948
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi thanks for your comments. I’m probably overthinking this.
We might hold onto the PHX flights and see what the next ‘sale’ comes up with.
We have two BA business seats which actually cost significantly less than what BA currently want for just one seat on that route and the Orlando route is eye watering!
Keeping these flights and getting an internal flight might be a good suggestion.
Thanks again
MJH1948 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 22, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
MJH1948
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi thought I’d post an update.

We finally cancelled our flights to Phoenix and took a travel voucher from BA

This actually came by email within 24hours, very impressed with BA

I then tried to book flights to Orlando on-line. Everything went well until the point of paying for our seats. At that point the darn website froze

So I had to phone BA, the dreaded task. First call I had to end at 59minutes. Then I phoned again and was answered at the 45minute mark.

I booked my flights using the voucher and then seats with a sales agent, strange speaking to a real person after years of booking via websites.
He sorted everything brilliantly, so we are off on 24th April.
I have to say apart from the wait on the phone, BA have been very impressive.

The nightmare of carhire was sorted today when I read on another forum about the US CarHire company. Their prices are fantastic as long as you get a quote/book via their App and not their website. Why there is such a significant price difference is beyond me. Dollar Intermediate for 2wks @ £506

Just praying some of you are right in predicting the pre-flight covid testing will be scrapped by then