Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Selling hot tub- good etiquette

I advertised my hot tub for sale yesterday morning on a Facebook selling group.
I had loads of interest, someone came to view it yesterday afternoon he said he wanted it and would arrange to collect it once we emptied and disconnected it.
We did this last night and I messaged him to let him know, he said he would collect it this afternoon and would message me to let me know a time.

I still haven’t heard anything from him and I’m wondering if it’s polite to message him and see if he’s still intending to collect it because obviously if he isn’t I can sell it to someone else? I just don’t want to come across as pushy? I did state in the ad that I wouldn’t hold it for anyone as I’ve been let down so many times on Facebook before.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d drop a message to ask if has an idea of time yet so you can make sure you’re in.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I messaged him and he’s phoned me saying he can’t come today now but can come tomorrow. I’ve said I’ll let him know if it’s convenient but to be honest I’m not really happy to hold it any longer as I’ve had so much interest in it! One person has offered me £100 over the asking price and said they will pick it up at 6pm tonight.
I’m not being unreasonable by not holding it any longer am I? I’ve had almost 30 messages enquiring about it as I’m probably hugely underselling it anyway.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
First there with the cash gets the item
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
You snooze you lose. Sack him off and go for the better offer.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Thanks everyone I just wanted some reassurance I wasn’t being unreasonable.
I’m so annoyed now because we’ve emptied it ready for him to collect I can’t show anyone else it working when filled with water unless we refill it which I don’t really want to do!
I’ve messaged the other person that offered me more than the asking price and there’s someone else who offered to pay a deposit and pick it up at the weekend if that falls through so I will just message him and say sorry it’s been sold to someone else now lol 😂
Old 18 Nov 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

as above

first one at the door with hard currency gets the deal
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
Thanks everyone I just wanted some reassurance I wasn’t being unreasonable.
I’m so annoyed now because we’ve emptied it ready for him to collect I can’t show anyone else it working when filled with water unless we refill it which I don’t really want to do!
I’ve messaged the other person that offered me more than the asking price and there’s someone else who offered to pay a deposit and pick it up at the weekend if that falls through so I will just message him and say sorry it’s been sold to someone else now lol 😂
I guess if I was buying it I would want to see it working first - you could get around that by issuing a guarantee ? but thats risky too, but sold as seen may be what you need to say to the next person who turns up with the cash .
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

If he couldn't get it today as he promised he should have contacted you asap and made alternative arrangements, just rude that you have had to contact him, so you are certainly not obligated to hold it for him - especially as you stated 'no holding'. I would just let the other buyer know it is empty ready to take away
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I have already let the other person know that it’s now been emptied due to the other person letting me down, I have said I can show him it working and the jets pumping just not with water lol 😂 he seemed okay with that. He’s supposed to be coming soon so 🤞 he turns up!
I hate selling things, I find it so awkward and I never know what the right/wrong thing to do is etc!