Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Nov 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jim1
Proud to wear my Ears

Car hire prices June 2022

Has anyone noticed a decline in the extortionate prices yet?

If not can you please advise how best to approach car hire searches?

Anything I’m looking at for 17 days in June is at minimum £1,500. Standard-Full Size SUV

Everyone posting about their deals for 3 weeks etc and I feel like I’m missing out

Thanks in advance
Jim1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Levjohn
Excited about Disney

Message Andy at Discount Florida car hire ,try Virgin Holidays car hire only.

Edited at 02:56 PM.
Levjohn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Best thing seems to be to look at collecting offsite not at an airport. Contact Andy and see what he can do. Prices don't seem to be coming down at the moment, I expect a good few months before we start to see any movement.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jim1
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the advice guys. Virgin car hire was a fair bit lower than recent searches so good to know, I will hold off for a bit.

Contacted Andy before who was very pleasant, but I’m going to hold off a little and see how the prices go as I felt they were still a little high.
Jim1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Potamoose
New Poster (3)

Just been looking at Virgin Holidays which have a really good price for the dates Im going but their free cancellation policy is extremely vague/not mentioned in terms & conditions.

Ive found links searching the forum where they have previously stated it but the pages with Virgin now seem to have been removed
Potamoose is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Potamoose View Post
Just been looking at Virgin Holidays which have a really good price for the dates Im going but their free cancellation policy is extremely vague/not mentioned in terms & conditions.

Ive found links searching the forum where they have previously stated it but the pages with Virgin now seem to have been removed
They are still there. Free cancellation.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Chops
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Best thing seems to be to look at collecting offsite not at an airport. Contact Andy and see what he can do. Prices don't seem to be coming down at the moment, I expect a good few months before we start to see any movement.
This has gone badly for a few people I know recently. Scruffy cars with no choice or even worse no cars at all.
Chops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chops View Post
This has gone badly for a few people I know recently. Scruffy cars with no choice or even worse no cars at all.
Some people have also had similar issues at the airport also. There is a thread on here about it. Worst case you end up swapping it at the airport or another location if there is an issue with the car. IMO it's worth the risk, especially if you are talking many months away when stock is going to be replenished slowly.

I'm paying £850 for a 7 seater at Hertz for three weeks at the Kissimmee office. The next best is £1500+ at MCO, so I'll take that risk right now baring in mind I'm not going until September (and I think those that have had issues are with Avis not Hertz).

That being said if prices come down and it is a similar amount to collect from MCO then I certainly will change it.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Chops
Getting Excited

Few threads on here recently about no cars being available at RPR. Can’t swap it out if you don’t have one 🤷🏼
Chops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chops View Post
Few threads on here recently about no cars being available at RPR. Can’t swap it out if you don’t have one 🤷🏼
Like I said that is with Avis, which seems to have had issues. All the threads I've seen people got a car, either being a downgrade or waiting/arguing. Like I said things will be different in a good few months time, certainly by the time I go in September.