Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Nov 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gunboat
Proud to wear my Ears

Covid a few weeks before flying

Hi. Sorry to bother you. So if one of the family gets covid a few weeks or more before flying I’ve heard that it will stay in you for quite a while meaning when you have the 3 day prior to flying test it will show positive. That does not sound too good. Thanks.
gunboat is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
You can usually show a 'Recovery' certificate and that allows you to fly, assuming you have recovered in 3 weeks
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

If they are recovered from Covid, it won’t show as positive on a lateral flow which are accepted for travel to the USA. It might show as positive on a pcr test but this is not required.

And as previously mentioned, you can get a recovery from Covid certificate. 👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gunboat
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks. So when do you need to worry, if you get covid maybe a couple of weeks before test?
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
You wouldn't want it any less than 10 days before you fly, because that is how long you are legally-obliged to self-isolate for.

So, allowing time for your pre-flight test etc, even if it's an online video one, anything less than 14 days could be problematic.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gunboat
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the answers .👍
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We tested positive 4 weeks ago on Monday DD (12) fine now wife still incredibly tired the whole time and I am far from 100% regardless of any rules I would not want to make a transatlantic flight at the minute and wife probably couldn’t. I know everyone is different but we are double jabbed and it hit us hard still.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
We tested positive 4 weeks ago on Monday DD (12) fine now wife still incredibly tired the whole time and I am far from 100% regardless of any rules I would not want to make a transatlantic flight at the minute and wife probably couldn’t. I know everyone is different but we are double jabbed and it hit us hard still.
This is a good point you make. It took us a while to feel fully well after the 10 days isolation.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gunboat
Proud to wear my Ears

It’s all right booking up like we have buts it’s got the potential to really spoil all our plans by how different it effects all of us!
Old 19 Nov 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I tested positive on the 8th Nov with no symptoms so had to self isolate for 10 days with my last day yesterday. Been told not to take another test or book a PCR test for another 80 days so the results will have mixed results. I would keep all emails and texts as proof and you will have your record of having 2 jabs and hopefully they will sort it out to record the booster as well.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List