Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Nov 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Oh FF5 - first email this morning is from the accountant...
Just a reminder that I will need to submit the VAT return very soon (it’s in my diary for Wednesday) but I note that FreeAgent isn’t up to date. Can you do the necessary asap please? The deadline is 7 Dec so just let me know if you need more time.
...checking back, he first emailed me about this a month ago.
Mmmmm, more frogs for you today

I’m eating one right now actually - I’ve been putting off completing someone else’s tax return. In fairness, I’ve been waiting for a missing bank statement, which has not been forthcoming so I’m ploughing on without it.

Normally I would do some of the million and one other things that ‘need’ doing (like working out the order of my favourite Christmas chocolate tins), but not today 💪🏻
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Mmmmm, more frogs for you today

I’m eating one right now actually - I’ve been putting off completing someone else’s tax return. In fairness, I’ve been waiting for a missing bank statement, which has not been forthcoming so I’m ploughing on without it.

Normally I would do some of the million and one other things that ‘need’ doing (like working out the order of my favourite Christmas chocolate tins), but not today 💪🏻
I've clearly not started yet, but I'm about to.

The difference with this task is someone else is waiting for me to do it - it's not just me letting myself down, so I will get it done this morning.

Whilst I'm clearly very good at letting myself down, I don't want to let other people down who are waiting on me.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
You have to watch this Ted talk -”Inside the head of a master procastinator” spot on :-) and funny. My whole family now blames the monkey ….. :-)
I’ve just opened this link and put it in my “to watch” pile. I’ll watch it at some point 😂

Edited at 12:23 PM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
My procrastination started last year after our return from Miami in March.

EMail from US CBP around June hoping that we are having a good visit and a reminder than we should return to the UK before (cant remember the date). At the time of receipt we were sitting in our conservatory with a glass of chilled wine. Apparently we hadn't returned from the US.

Quick reply to them with copy of passport and flight details.

Not good enough they would only accept a report from UK Immigration to say that we arrived back.

Fast forward until September this year when I eventually got my bum in gear and contacted UK Immigration by completing a long winded form and supplied lots of proof of who we were etc etc. I couldnt do this for both of us - hubbie had to submit his own details. (Read: I used his email account to do his).

Finally got the relevant paperwork through which reflected our return on 20 March 2020.

Sent this off last week so am now anxiously waiting a response to say that our I-94 has been updated.

Of course Virgin now have a sale and Expedia have a 25% off hotels.

If I had finished the job last year we could have been holiday planning instead of waiting for US CBP, then a ESTA, then holiday insurance - so much to wait on before we start planning.
Old 23 Nov 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
My procrastination started last year after our return from Miami in March.

EMail from US CBP around June hoping that we are having a good visit and a reminder than we should return to the UK before (cant remember the date). At the time of receipt we were sitting in our conservatory with a glass of chilled wine. Apparently we hadn't returned from the US.

Quick reply to them with copy of passport and flight details.

Not good enough they would only accept a report from UK Immigration to say that we arrived back.

Fast forward until September this year when I eventually got my bum in gear and contacted UK Immigration by completing a long winded form and supplied lots of proof of who we were etc etc. I couldnt do this for both of us - hubbie had to submit his own details. (Read: I used his email account to do his).

Finally got the relevant paperwork through which reflected our return on 20 March 2020.

Sent this off last week so am now anxiously waiting a response to say that our I-94 has been updated.

Of course Virgin now have a sale and Expedia have a 25% off hotels.

If I had finished the job last year we could have been holiday planning instead of waiting for US CBP, then a ESTA, then holiday insurance - so much to wait on before we start planning.
Good job I was there to help!

But I did open the wine! And let you use my laptop
Old 25 Nov 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I read somewhere recently that one way to get around this is to allocate one day a month to do everything you have been avoiding on your do do list and just do it. No changing the date or putting it off again allowed.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I read somewhere recently that one way to get around this is to allocate one day a month to do everything you have been avoiding on your do do list and just do it. No changing the date or putting it off again allowed.
I'd need to set aside a month every month!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Trouble is I'd negotiate an extension with myself!
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

With my business I find I'm completely organised and on top of everything.

Same goes for everything Disney.

When it comes to other things I'm just meh. I've been meaning to sort all of my daughters old clothes out to give to a friend for ages. I really must do it 😂
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

My life is procrastination, I'm incredibly easliy distracted and also work best under pressure, so I'm happy to be distracted by fresh air unless I'm on a really tight deadline.

Today I'm making Christmas things when I probably should be doing housework, but this is much more fun, although I've just made 4 Star Wars Christmas glasses by accident, that should have been baubles!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List