Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Nov 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Shades
Gone all Goofy

Odd- For the return registration the blurb says if you are on a cruise of 19 days or less fill in the form before embarking but the form only accepts dates 2 days ahead. (We are on a cruise the 2nd week so that was of interest).
Shades is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Shades
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Shades View Post
Odd- For the return registration the blurb says if you are on a cruise of 19 days or less fill in the form before embarking but the form only accepts dates 2 days ahead. (We are on a cruise the 2nd week so that was of interest).
I have re-read this and realise it only relates to a cruise inbound to the UK, sorry for any confusion.
Shades is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

PCR tests now needed on return to the UK
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Who is the cheapest pcr with a plf code that comes straight away?
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaBears90
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Who is the cheapest pcr with a plf code that comes straight away?
Would like to know this too please
FloridaBears90 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
hollysmum
Excited about Disney

Can’t believe it, ive only just got my simply me test turn up, now I have to buy another test. I understand the reasoning behind it but it is rather frustrating. I hope everyone coming into Heathrow from all countries also understand the rules and self isolate when they get here too 🤔

Edited at 06:32 PM.
hollysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

For crying out loud...I'm almost to the point of tapping out now on our December trip.

We spent £180 on lateral flow tests for pre departure and return. I'll have to look into whether they will refund them and swap for PCR's. We return on the 22nd December too so that means self isolation through to at least Xmas Eve if not later depending on when our test result comes back. That scuppers our Christmas food shopping and last minute prep.

Our 9 year old daughter caught COVID from school this week and will only just be clear of self isolation by the time we go...remains to be seen whether the rest of us catch it off her and we can't go for that reason, we are less than 2 weeks from departure.

It's just getting silly for a holiday. Disney is our main hobby and major holiday motivation, but right now what in normal times would be a straightforward holiday it is just providing a disproportionate level of background stress and anxiety. And expense!
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
For crying out loud...I'm almost to the point of tapping out now on our December trip.

We spent £180 on lateral flow tests for pre departure and return. I'll have to look into whether they will refund them and swap for PCR's. We return on the 22nd December too so that means self isolation through to at least Xmas Eve if not later depending on when our test result comes back. That scuppers our Christmas food shopping and last minute prep.

Our 9 year old daughter caught COVID from school this week and will only just be clear of self isolation by the time we go...remains to be seen whether the rest of us catch it off her and we can't go for that reason, we are less than 2 weeks from departure.

It's just getting silly for a holiday. Disney is our main hobby and major holiday motivation, but right now what in normal times would be a straightforward holiday it is just providing a disproportionate level of background stress and anxiety. And expense!
We are the same £180 spent.

Big one will be if US reciprocate - we can’t be self isolating for 3 days for 2 day PCRs when there.
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I can see the USA now demanding a PCR within 2 days or arrival (I really can) - holding off changing my tests as might just cancel the holiday - so stressful
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post

It will be interesting to see if the USA now ask for PCR before entry.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List