Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Nov 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
February or March 2023

Hi all!

We had planned a trip to visit the mouse in September 2022 but have decided to postpone this as we are now planning on buying a house!

I'd still love to go for the 50th celebration and so we have decided we are going to move our Pop Century booking once 2023 dates open up.

Has anyone ever been in February or March? I know March is the start of spring break so might be busier but are both relatively quiet? Which month is better?

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Early February is generally quiet, although slightly busier than September. The end has Presidents Day and the Princess half marathon which brings in crowds. I've been in late Feb + early March just before, in the gap between the marathon crowds and spring break. That was very manageable. If the dates align next year that the gap exists again, I'd recommend it. Was there for the start of the Flower & Garden festival which is very pretty.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Early February is generally quiet, although slightly busier than September. The end has Presidents Day and the Princess half marathon which brings in crowds. I've been in late Feb + early March just before, in the gap between the marathon crowds and spring break. That was very manageable. If the dates align next year that the gap exists again, I'd recommend it. Was there for the start of the Flower & Garden festival which is very pretty.
Perfect thank you! Will look at the end of Feb for after the marathon! We loved Flower & Garden when we visited in May 2019 so it will be nice to be there for that again!

meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We don’t travel in summer or Christmas or similar and so for us, it seemed really busy in early February when we went in 2019, we couldn’t get much done other than our first three fastpasses. I am sure it only gets busier as it goes into March though.

I’d be tempted to see if there is a way to stick to September if crowds are a major factor. Although I preferred the weather in February.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

We did a fortnight in February 2020 and found it very manageable (our only comparison is October 2016). The longest with queued for anything was slinky dog for about an hour. Would not hesitate to go again in February (although personally would prefer a little more warmth!). Having said that we went early Feb and believe there is a public holiday in the second half which causes bigger crowds?
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We don’t travel in summer or Christmas or similar and so for us, it seemed really busy in early February when we went in 2019, we couldn’t get much done other than our first three fastpasses. I am sure it only gets busier as it goes into March though.

I’d be tempted to see if there is a way to stick to September if crowds are a major factor. Although I preferred the weather in February.
Unfortunately I work for a University and September is a no go for annual leave as its our busiest time we want to do the 50th anniversary so we're tied to going in February or March currently (unless they extend it)

Old 26 Nov 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
We did a fortnight in February 2020 and found it very manageable (our only comparison is October 2016). The longest with queued for anything was slinky dog for about an hour. Would not hesitate to go again in February (although personally would prefer a little more warmth!). Having said that we went early Feb and believe there is a public holiday in the second half which causes bigger crowds?
There is the UK half term in the middle of Feb and then the marathon at the end but I don't think there are any public holidays in Feb in the US, but I could be wrong! We may aim to flight out on the tail end of half term or just after the marathon. I've never been to Orlando at the start of the year so I have no idea what to expect!

Old 26 Nov 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

President's Day is 21st Feb next year and I expect crowds to be busier for 4-5 days or so while we are there. In 2023 it is 20th Feb.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List