Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Nov 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

My Thanksgiving Surprise!

There I was, sat on the People Mover this morning in the sunshine when my phone rings. Frightened the life out of me as I wasn’t expecting it, looked, and it was my oldest, bestest friend! Erm, hi…Happy Thanksgiving! I say, still shocked (she never calls, we always text, WhatsApp, DM on Insta etc).

‘Happy thanksgiving!’ She says, ‘Fancy a guest for a few days? I’m on my way to the airport!’.

Now, we have been friends since we were 18 and she moved to the US years ago (with the military), moved back to the U.K. for a few years and then moved to the US permanently 3 years ago. She’s living in Dallas, has 4 dogs plus fosters dogs so can’t ever go anywhere away from home really and with COVID happening she hasn’t been able to fly to the U.K. at all due to the type of visa she has (she’s getting permanent residency but COVID has delayed everything). She had friends coming for thanksgiving weekend so I didn’t tell her we were flying to Orlando as we didn’t know for sure until 3 days before. She saw I was at Disney on my Instagram stories yesterday and asked how long I was here and when I was here over Christmas. I was half hoping she would join us at Xmas but with flight prices so high didn’t know if she could/would plus there’s the dogs to sort out.

Anyway, her plans got cancelled and her husband is staying at home with the dogs as he has work, and she’s on her way here. My husband didn’t believe her. Said she’s winding me up, there’s no way. Next thing she’s sent me her flight details, leaving in 1 hour! and she was on the way to check in. I’m so excited! She’s more like a sister than a friend and my kids have all called her auntie since they were born. They will be gutted they missed her! She lands in half an hour so I’ve quickly been to the front desk and added her to our hotel room reservation, got her a room key, magical express and cancelled our dinner reservations to book for the 3 of us later tonight. Disney were fab helping me (as always). So my husband is now third wheeling for the next few days 😂 If anyone is here and sees a forlorn man sitting there looking into the distance while 2 women are gabbing away at 100 miles an hour, then give him a pity wave 👋 😂

No point to my story other than to share my excitement and wish y’all a Happy Thanksgiving! 💜
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Ah that’s lovely! Have a great time with your friend 🥰
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Enjoy your catch up. X
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How lovely. Have a good time together!
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Fabulous to meet your friend, what a great surprise!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Awww what a lovely surprise. Have a great time 🙂
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

What a lovely thread!

Enjoy every minute together.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 04:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

True friends❤️💕❤️
Old 26 Nov 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
There I was, sat on the People Mover this morning in the sunshine when my phone rings. Frightened the life out of me as I wasn’t expecting it, looked, and it was my oldest, bestest friend! Erm, hi…Happy Thanksgiving! I say, still shocked (she never calls, we always text, WhatsApp, DM on Insta etc).

‘Happy thanksgiving!’ She says, ‘Fancy a guest for a few days? I’m on my way to the airport!’.

Now, we have been friends since we were 18 and she moved to the US years ago (with the military), moved back to the U.K. for a few years and then moved to the US permanently 3 years ago. She’s living in Dallas, has 4 dogs plus fosters dogs so can’t ever go anywhere away from home really and with COVID happening she hasn’t been able to fly to the U.K. at all due to the type of visa she has (she’s getting permanent residency but COVID has delayed everything). She had friends coming for thanksgiving weekend so I didn’t tell her we were flying to Orlando as we didn’t know for sure until 3 days before. She saw I was at Disney on my Instagram stories yesterday and asked how long I was here and when I was here over Christmas. I was half hoping she would join us at Xmas but with flight prices so high didn’t know if she could/would plus there’s the dogs to sort out.

Anyway, her plans got cancelled and her husband is staying at home with the dogs as he has work, and she’s on her way here. My husband didn’t believe her. Said she’s winding me up, there’s no way. Next thing she’s sent me her flight details, leaving in 1 hour! and she was on the way to check in. I’m so excited! She’s more like a sister than a friend and my kids have all called her auntie since they were born. They will be gutted they missed her! She lands in half an hour so I’ve quickly been to the front desk and added her to our hotel room reservation, got her a room key, magical express and cancelled our dinner reservations to book for the 3 of us later tonight. Disney were fab helping me (as always). So my husband is now third wheeling for the next few days 😂 If anyone is here and sees a forlorn man sitting there looking into the distance while 2 women are gabbing away at 100 miles an hour, then give him a pity wave 👋 😂

No point to my story other than to share my excitement and wish y’all a Happy Thanksgiving! 💜
How absolutely wonderful 💕💕💕

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have fun catching up with your friend xxx