Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 26 Nov 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I looked at booking Orlando for Feb half term as it’s looking like our ski trip to Austria will be cancelled.

The flights are insanely expensive even for indirect.
In normal times, it's a waiting game.

We've booked only a couple of weeks in advance before, just pouncing when we saw flights that were reasonable enough, and we've tended to go indirect.

Because it's a simple chilling week, we travel with hand luggage only - helps speed up time through airports and also saves a few quid.

We booked early this time, back in August, and paid £375 direct to Tampa with BA.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
In normal times, it's a waiting game.

We've booked only a couple of weeks in advance before, just pouncing when we saw flights that were reasonable enough, and we've tended to go indirect.

Because it's a simple chilling week, we travel with hand luggage only - helps speed up time through airports and also saves a few quid.

We booked early this time, back in August, and paid £375 direct to Tampa with BA.
Great price.

We booked fairly late for Feb 2020, about 2 months before I think, also tampa and paid around £300pp direct return with luggage.

I did see ok prices for tampa but as we’d then need a car and to pay parking it made it really pricey again.

Orlando direct is £1900pp 😂
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

That is interesting. I have been trying to contact Crystal ski to change our Feb half term Austria trip until 2023 - think it is pretty unlikely that it will go ahead too.
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

We're currently booked for Disneyland for Just before February half term, but are considering changing to Florida. We found some indirect flights with Virgin for the 14th-24th Feb for £1300 all 4 of us
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are doing universal only in Feb and then Disney in August. We get more value from the tickets that way. Florida in Feb is great- we found a week perfect for a relaxed universal trip. I really want to get to DLP but not until masks aren’t needed for kids outside. Like you kids can’t get vaccinated so that’s another hurdle.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by damaged View Post
We're currently booked for Disneyland for Just before February half term, but are considering changing to Florida. We found some indirect flights with Virgin for the 14th-24th Feb for £1300 all 4 of us
Great price, that illustrates the benefit of not having to be tied to school holidays.

The thing with Florida, regardless of what you may think of the prevailing politics there, is that they're likely to lead to more favourable conditions for travellers than California.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
having a wek HT at the rosen inn pointe, just doing universal about 1K each, could have saved by not having car, bu twant a day at crystal river with the manattee
flt for 2 £850
car hire £336
rosen £356
tkts £528
ttl £2270
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pritch View Post
having a wek HT at the rosen inn pointe, just doing universal about 1K each, could have saved by not having car, bu twant a day at crystal river with the manattee
flt for 2 £850
car hire £336
rosen £356
tkts £528
ttl £2270
Great price.👍🏻
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I did consider a week in Orlando- Universal only - but the prices coming up were extortionate. We have an almost 4 week holiday booked for summer in Orlando which has been moved twice since 2020. This week in Feb was supposed to be a stop gap. Something to look forward to whilst waiting for our long awaited Summer trip. Plus it was cheap. 😂

If we can still test by taking a photo and uploading the photo to get a certificate, rather than have to test in person, then will probably still risk Feb in Paris. Because we can do that in our hotel room whilst getting ready for bed etc. But I’m not prepared to queue every day and wait for a test at a pharmacy. That’s crazy.👍🏻
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List