Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 15, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
CerCymro
Earning My Ears

The corporate notification is now showing on my online account with tddirect. It's giving me the option of doing nothing or participating in purchasing the extra shares. I hold a 100 shares and have noticed there is now a seperate line in my portfolio holdings showing a 100 under edls and not edl which the original shares are.

Am I right in thinking I can sell the 100 showing under edls as these are the 100 rights I can exercise and therefore not purchase the shares for €1?

As most others I purchased the shares for the benefits and have made my money back that way. If I understand it if I have sold these it means that my shareholdong is diluted (accepting that I have not bought them to make a profit on them?)

All very confusing! Any help appreciated
CerCymro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
stitcher3000
Imagineer

stitcher3000's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

It's not easy picking your way through all the documentation with the way it's worded �😕

I am very much a virgin when it comes to stocks and shares and am aware that it is a risky game sometimes. I'm assuming that the only perks you get with other shares is when you sell and fingers crossed make some money so Disney's shareholders perks are not usually the norm ? It wouldn't surprise me if they take this away over time but believe that until they are in a more stable place financially it won't be just yet. I know that if I fork out a lot of money and these perks are taken away I would certainly sell if cash is short but them it would just put it in line with the rest of the world. Does anyone know the shareholder perks for WDW? Perhaps they could be looking to put it more in line with that model? These are just my inane ramblings but possibly food for thought? All told though if kept hold of possibly a nice nest egg for the future? Can't see disney shutting the park down.
stitcher3000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

So just wondering my situation... I have 20 shares from around 3 years ago. My card/membership expired last March. By a happy coincidence because I have 20 shares I am entitled to 180 (20 * 9) shares for £137.26 (180 * 1 euro) via Halifax. So I am thinking a} get these as I then have 200 shares and "might" be allowed to join the club again reading the wording as its suspended at the moment and b} if I am not allowed to join the shares seem to be valued at more than a euro anyway and just sell them all?
Without trying to understand the Halifax thing completely will Halifax also charge me a fee for the new shares given the way this works?
Cheers
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

I have just upped to 100 (I had the old 20) but my card expired in August 2014, I am hoping I can renew into the shareholders club, if not I will have to hold onto them for a couple of years before selling (the 20 were bought at 3.50 ish)
Old 22 Jan 15, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post

CerCymro: I have been told about this other line of stock showing in Halifax accounts by another shareholder. I do not know the specifics as to why that is there. You may be better calling your broker directly to find out.
Link to this Post

stitcher3000: Some other stocks do give their shareholders some benefits (such as M&S give vouchers once a year to spend in store), but they are very few and far between. With regards to what the US version of Disney shares (DIS) offer, the answer is simple - nothing. Well, certainly nothing worth writing home about. I have been a shareholder of that stock for some time too and only every received ballot papers and every year a cheque (in $ USD) for a small amount - less than $1 USD per share.
So WDW offer no 'perks' as such for shareholders. Their APs however do offer a level of discount and there are a few others available through the likes of DVC.
Link to this Post

JarvJarv: Yes, unless Halifax have decided to wave their fees (which I don't believe they have) then you will be charged for buying the shares through this offer. Depending on which account you have with them, I believe the standard trading fee is £12.95.
You are also correct with what else you have said. Your specific case of renewing membership would have to be dealt with by the Shareholders Club team if/when they re-open applications later this year.
Old 22 Jan 15, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JarvJarv View Post
So just wondering my situation... I have 20 shares from around 3 years ago. My card/membership expired last March. By a happy coincidence because I have 20 shares I am entitled to 180 (20 * 9) shares for £137.26 (180 * 1 euro) via Halifax. So I am thinking a} get these as I then have 200 shares and "might" be allowed to join the club again reading the wording as its suspended at the moment and b} if I am not allowed to join the shares seem to be valued at more than a euro anyway and just sell them all?
Without trying to understand the Halifax thing completely will Halifax also charge me a fee for the new shares given the way this works?
Cheers
You had to have 100 shares on the 16th jan when they closed the club to new members until the recapitalisation is complete. So no even though you have enough now it's unlikley to be enough to rejoin as its expected to be around the 900-1000 mark.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
stitcher3000
Imagineer

stitcher3000's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Keiko315 we bought an AP last yr to use in dlp as we saw the benefits were very similar other than access to salon mickey. Thanks for letting me know what the WDW shares perks are I just figure that eventually dlp will go that way too :-( I'm sitting on the fence as to wether we'll buy more shares as having the AP works out cheaper for us currently as we always book when an offer is on so we just add me onto the booking when we check in. We did that in Nov and it cost just under €5 for 4 nights five days so in reality it works out cheaper But obv we won't have shares hopefully going up in price. Decisions decisions lol
also who knows what they'll do with regards to the requirements of the shareholders club short term. I'm feeling as that the amount of shares needed will go up, I'd be very surprised if they don't.
stitcher3000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

For me it's not about making money from selling them, but being in the Shareholders Club. I wish they'd let current members know if we will need more than 100 shares to renew in future, that's if they keep the club!

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread