Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 15, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LufcDeb View Post

For me it's not about making money from selling them, but being in the Shareholders Club. I wish they'd let current members know if we will need more than 100 shares to renew in future, that's if they keep the club!

Ditto!
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post

@A&S&O:

I have received word from Hargreaves Lansdown today that I am indeed eligible for the rights offer. They have started the ball rolling by adding a second line of stock to my account and will be forwarding instructions in the next few days when they know more about the offer.

Why they still don't have all the fact is beyond me - considering they were fully aware of the Recapitalisation the day following the AGM because I spoke to them directly and gave them links to the information.

Oh well, at least I now know where I stand and will be partaking as soon as they will allow.

If they haven't already been in contact with you and/or if there isn't an additional stock line in your account, I would suggest that you contact them directly, like I did, to find out what is happening.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post

@cazspence:

Yes, you are indeed right about needing 100 shares on 15th (not 16th) January to be eligible for the Shareholders Club.

However there was a previous agreement that allowed only 20 shares to be held if purchased before a certain date. However I don't know all the details of that agreement, which is why I suggested speaking to the Shareholders Club directly regarding renewing the op's membership.

If they don't have grandfather rights under the previous contract, then everything you have said is right about most likely (if the rumours are to be believed) needing many more shares than the 100 or even 200.

Please don't think me picky, I just wanted to make sure that the information is as correct as possible.
Old 22 Jan 15, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by keiko315 View Post
@A&S&O:

I have received word from Hargreaves Lansdown today that I am indeed eligible for the rights offer. They have started the ball rolling by adding a second line of stock to my account and will be forwarding instructions in the next few days when they know more about the offer.

Why they still don't have all the fact is beyond me - considering they were fully aware of the Recapitalisation the day following the AGM because I spoke to them directly and gave them links to the information.

Oh well, at least I now know where I stand and will be partaking as soon as they will allow.

If they haven't already been in contact with you and/or if there isn't an additional stock line in your account, I would suggest that you contact them directly, like I did, to find out what is happening.
Thanks for that, I've just literally logged on to HL and seen the two lines of shares.
I've emailed them twice and both times they said they were still waiting to hear from someone else. The last time I emailed, I pointed out that we only had until 30th January to buy.

Maybe tomorrow?
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LufcDeb View Post

For me it's not about making money from selling them, but being in the Shareholders Club. I wish they'd let current members know if we will need more than 100 shares to renew in future, that's if they keep the club!
Absolutely! That's the best (and only sensible) way to look at an investment in EDL.

I am sure we'll start to hear things soon. However they won't be able to fully assess everything until they work out exactly how many of the small shareholders they have seen sell up in this rights offer. From the mutterings heard before, during and after the AGM, I would expect white a large number will be selling up rather than retaining their interest. This may affect their decision as to what to do with future membership of the Shareholders Club.
Old 22 Jan 15, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by A&S&O View Post
Thanks for that, I've just literally logged on to HL and seen the two lines of shares.
I've emailed them twice and both times they said they were still waiting to hear from someone else. The last time I emailed, I pointed out that we only had until 30th January to buy.

Maybe tomorrow?
To be honest, HL don't seem to have a clue about what's going on. From what was said in one of my conversations with the Corporate Team, I do think that we are the only two investors that they have on their books with an interest in this stock though! That might be why they aren't overly interested in getting back to us quickly.

The rights issue finishes on 6th February, but it may well end a few days earlier for us in order for them to complete any transactions on our behalf.

I hope that we will get a better, more complete answer tomorrow. If other brokers can do it, then why can't the country's biggest?! That's a question I'm sure that the Financial Ombudsman Service will be able to look into and answer if we don't get a satisfactory response soon.
Old 22 Jan 15, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

Mine and my wife's shares are both with Halifax, who were a bit slow off the mark, but have got there in the end. Halifax have been so easy to deal with in the past.
We had to use HL though to buy our son's shares, as the Halifax don't offer this facility, other wise we would have stuck with them.

I thought I'd read that 30th January was the date that we had to agree to buy shares, maybe read it on the Halifax? I could be wrong though, there have been so many dates, prices, quantities mentioned!

Edit: Just found on Halifax -
"If you wish to accept the Offer and intend to fund the take up of your Rights by selling existing shares held in your portfolio, you will need to ensure that the trade settles on or before 30th January 2015, in order to ensure cleared funds are available by our deadline."
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.

Edited at 10:40 PM.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by keiko315 View Post
@cazspence:

Yes, you are indeed right about needing 100 shares on 15th (not 16th) January to be eligible for the Shareholders Club.

However there was a previous agreement that allowed only 20 shares to be held if purchased before a certain date. However I don't know all the details of that agreement, which is why I suggested speaking to the Shareholders Club directly regarding renewing the op's membership.

If they don't have grandfather rights under the previous contract, then everything you have said is right about most likely (if the rumours are to be believed) needing many more shares than the 100 or even 200.

Please don't think me picky, I just wanted to make sure that the information is as correct as possible.
Yes the previous grandfather rights for holding 20 shares was that they had to have been purchased by a date in 2005. Not sure of the date sorry as we had to buy the 100 to remain in the club as we only joined in 2008. So they are still ok as long as they have remained in the shareholders club and owned the shares continuously is how they word it.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 15, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Motley fool have said the same as Halifax (see below) so I have accepted the offer to buy 207 shares as I currently hold 23.

I too am hoping to renew my membership card as it runs out on 31st jan 15 - luckily I started my renewal just before they changed the criteria to 100 shares & due to delays didn't get it issued for a couple of months!

"If you wish to accept the Offer and intend to fund the take up of your Rights by selling existing shares held in your portfolio, you will need to ensure that the trade settles on or before 30th January 2015, in order to ensure cleared funds are available by our deadline."
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 15, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cazspence View Post
Yes the previous grandfather rights for holding 20 shares was that they had to have been purchased by a date in 2005. Not sure of the date sorry as we had to buy the 100 to remain in the club as we only joined in 2008. So they are still ok as long as they have remained in the shareholders club and owned the shares continuously is how they word it.
That's good to know. Thanks
Closed Thread