Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Feb 15, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

So unfortunately I missed out on buying the extra shares as I didn't have the cash available by last Fridays deadline - ironically had to use my wage to buy my euros for our trip to DLP in 2 weeks time.
Still thinking of buying the extra 80 I need at the current rate of 1.25
I think I've only got until this Friday to do this though.
Hopefully if I get them and I cant renew my membership they will "hopefully" go up in price eventually!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 15, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kempydee View Post
So unfortunately I missed out on buying the extra shares as I didn't have the cash available by last Fridays deadline - ironically had to use my wage to buy my euros for our trip to DLP in 2 weeks time.
Hopefully if I get them and I cant renew my membership they will "hopefully" go up in price eventually!
That's a shame that you didn't have enough money to take part. It has prompted me to double check my accounts today and even top them up with a little extra cash just to make sure I have enough for what I'm buying.

As you are fully aware, if you do still buy the 80 shares at the current market rate, it may well not be enough to renew your membership when they open again for applications. But as we're all "flying blind" here as to what exactly they will be doing with the Shareholder Club regarding admission, if you're willing to take a punt then it's worth a try and I wish you the best of luck with it - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and the many others I know of who are in a similar situation.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 15, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Thanks Martin, yeah I'm gutted I missed the deadline but the funds just wouldn't stretch after Christmas. Plus our holiday is the priority!
I bought 100 shares this afternoon. As the shareholders website isn't available at the mo to complete the renewal form I've just replied to their original renewal email from 2 weeks ago with the proof.
We'll see what happens...

If not, then I guess I've supported DLP in my own little way. Also saved a lot of money, especially at the UK Disney store. I'll just keep the shares and hopefully sell them in the future.

Edited at 06:58 PM.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 15, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Martin, yeah I'm gutted I missed the deadline but the funds just wouldn't stretch after Christmas. Plus our holiday is the priority!
I bought 100 shares this afternoon. As the shareholders website isn't available at the mo to complete the renewal form I've just replied to their original renewal email from 2 weeks ago with the proof.
We'll see what happens...
Yes indeed. The holiday must always come first!

Please do keep us informed when you get a reply from them and what the response is. Would be very interested to know.
Old 4 Feb 15, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post

As stated in previous posts my card ran out last March and I have only just got 100 shares total (after adding 80 this week via Halifax and past ownership options). I have just emailed the club via site to see if I can renew if I send proof of ownership. Suspect no reply or "no" a the moment but will see what happens..
Old 5 Feb 15, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post

My card also ran out, but I think they have allowed me to renew. I had 20 shares, but have bought more when the option was available with halifax and now have 200. They have said they are sending out a new card, so will see when it arrives. xxx
Old 5 Feb 15, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

As posted on another forum - HALIFAX have now added the new shares to the accounts of those who chose to buy.
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 15, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

That's my money from selling my rights cleared in my bank now. So what am I going to do today... Book dlp for nov 👍👍
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 15, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
elrao
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by ninja_ang View Post
My card also ran out, but I think they have allowed me to renew. I had 20 shares, but have bought more when the option was available with halifax and now have 200. They have said they are sending out a new card, so will see when it arrives. xxx
Same here. My membership actually ran out last October and I forgot to renew it. There was no option to renew when I logged it, but I emailed them and they sent me my renewal form. Sent it back with the relevant proof that I still owned 100 shares and got confirmation back the next day that my membership was renewed.

I sent in the contract notes to prove that I owned 100 shares BEFORE the whole rights issue though, so that may be why I could renew.

Edited at 02:55 PM.
elrao is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 15, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by elrao View Post
Same here. My membership actually ran out last October and I forgot to renew it. There was no option to renew when I logged it, but I emailed them and they sent me my renewal form. Sent it back with the relevant proof that I still owned 100 shares and got confirmation back the next day that my membership was renewed.

I sent in the contract notes to prove that I owned 100 shares BEFORE the whole rights issue though, so that may be why I could renew.
Same for me to just to confirm. As stated my card ran out last March. Only had 20 shares but took up the offer with Halifax. Emailed them to say I didnt have a renew option online and they seemed to enable it. Sent proof by post last Thursday and just got an email saying new card is in the post. Believe it when I see it but pleasently suprised.
Closed Thread