Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Some good food (bog aside) looks like you are having a fabulous time.
My rude story is a woman with one of those massive double buggies power walking past us so close I had to grab dd to stop her being run over. 2 seconds later she pushes the buggy off the path and it tipped right over. I let out a loud laugh. I couldn’t help myself definitely karma. The children weren’t hurt but she then had a go at her husband who was running behind her trying to keep up blaming him. It was so bizarre, we were walking to mk and the park wasn’t even open yet.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Some good food (bog aside) looks like you are having a fabulous time.
My rude story is a woman with one of those massive double buggies power walking past us so close I had to grab dd to stop her being run over. 2 seconds later she pushes the buggy off the path and it tipped right over. I let out a loud laugh. I couldn’t help myself definitely karma. The children weren’t hurt but she then had a go at her husband who was running behind her trying to keep up blaming him. It was so bizarre, we were walking to mk and the park wasn’t even open yet.
Ha ha ha at you laughing at them 😂😂😂😂

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Slips, trips and a change of plans

Today was a very strange day in that all the plans went out the window.

Eva needed sleep so I decided to let her sleep in, cancel fast passes at HS and have a snack around Epcot. We had early dinner booked at Cali Grill so I moved it to Wednesday and booked Planet Hollywood.

We got to Epcot around 1pm so headed to Sunshine Seasons where we had the Mongolian Beef and fried rice. This is really tasty.

Then things went a bit pear shaped. We went to world showcase and decided to start in the pyramid in Mexico and go in the Grand Fiesta boat. Getting into the boat I slipped and really hurt my ankle. I fell into the boat with a loud scream but it just carried on moving so I kind of went round the ride lying in the boat 😂😂. I managed to get out and not liking a fuss we headed to Germany to collect Eva’s Kidcot stickers and got a beer, a snickerdoodle cookie and middle gratin (best snack ever! )

We found a quiet corner to eat and Sri k and weigh up the damage to my ankle. I decided I’d carry on and go back to Norway for our Frozen fastpass I had picked up earlier.

Had anyone noticed the craze to wear your sunglasses like this? Very odd 😂

After Frozen we went to get a school bread but at this point my ankle gave up and I couldn’t walk. Eva managed to help me hobble to first aid where they put me in a wheelchair and took me out backstage into a Minnie van and delivered me back to my room at FQ. I was so embarrassed. And pretty upset that I’d forced eva back to the hotel instead of being out at the parks or pool. We decided on movies and pizza take out for tea.

We ordered in room dining and for two credits got a huge pizza, breadsticks and a couple of desserts. All really good.

I then spent the evening like this...

This morning the swelling has subsided - still a little sore but we are out and back on track with breakfast with Stitch and Yak & Yeti later followed by H2O Glow ...

We won’t be doing loads of walking though just our fastpasses and food 😊

Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope your ankle isn’t too bad today. Despite everything I think you made the best of what the day threw at you 😊
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Hope your ankle isn’t too bad today. Despite everything I think you made the best of what the day threw at you 😊
We still had a good day and I’m not letting it stop us today either xx

Old 25 Aug 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

That Mongolian beef looks lovely. I’ll have to remember that one.

Sorry to hear about your ankle, it sounds painful. Fingers crossed it’s starting to feel better for you!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Oh no hope you are better soon. Sounds like good care from Disney to get you back to your room.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Oh no to your ankle, the same thing happened to us with our daughter on our first trip but slightly easier as Eva can’t be pushing you round in a wheelchair to keep the weight off your ankle! We got a great ankle support from Walgreens and she was back walking better but still needed the ice every night-I hope it feels better soon.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
sorry to hear about the ankle, funnily enough I just recovered from a nasty one - no particular tips it just takes a bit of rest and time to strengthen again (6 weeks on a full recovery of a full sprain). Get a pair of those ECVs for the two of you, shades on and take over Main Street
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ohana with Stitch and my elephant foot, Yak & Yeti, H20 Glow Party

Thanks everyone for well wishes - me and elephant foot managed the whole day and night without resorting to a scooter CMG 😂😂

I’ve found regular drink stops have eased the pain 😊😊

First up breakfast at the Poly at Ohana with Stitch and Friends. You meet Pluto as you go in and the photopass photographer takes the picture. You meet Stitch, Lilo and Mickey at the table without photopass.

Food is family style and consists of pineapple bread, a fruit platter (melon and pineapple) and a skillet with scrambled egg, sausage, ham with pineapple, potatoes and waffles. It’s all you can eat. It’s pretty standard breakfast fare and we enjoyed it. Eva loved meeting Stitch. I will say if you are doing this allow at least an hour and a half. We checked in at 9.15 and weren’t seating until after 10 and left just after 11. I have found it’s faster if you go early doors. Good start to the day.

Eva loved it here. I keep thinking she’s not going to be into the characters but she loses her preteen grump and my baby returns every time we meet one. I’m trying to cherish these moments as I’m not sure how long it will last 😊

From here we went to Animal Kingdom as we had fastpasses for FOP. I can’t ride it enough it’s superb.

We did the Lion King Scavenger Hunt. You pick up the pack at any store and it costs 6.99

The kiddos have to follow a trail around Africa to find wood carvings which they match up with the stickers on their pack and once completed (there are 11 to find according to the boss) you take it to the outpost and you are rewarded with a pretty cool fridge magnet. She chose Simba.

Whilst Eva was doing her hunt I relaxed my foot in Harambe with a cocktail. This was shaved ice with mango and other juices with Snow leopard vodka. I really loved this. Best cocktail so far. You get it from a cart in front of Harambe Market as you go in.

Our next stop was late lunch/early tea Yak & Yeti. We didn’t have a reservation but do have Landry card so we were seated in less than 5 minutes. It feels good strutting/hobbling past everyone and getting the next table.

We like it here and it was a solid 8/10 again. They no longer have the Malaysian seafood curry which I had intended to order - I really hope it comes back at some point.

To start was Firecracker shrimp which was great. A bit spicy and crunchy and creamy.

Eva didn’t like any of the starters so they gave her some egg fried rice in starter size

Another cocktail was in order so I sampled a Yak Attack - nice bit not as good as the shaved ice one from the marketplace.

Main courses were chicken tikka masala for Eva and the garlic lobster noodles for me. Both tasty but Eva’s edged it. My noodles portion was way too big. I ended up picking out the fish and leaving two thirds of the noodles.

Decided to have pudding to keep us going through the long water challenge ahead of us - ice cream cookie sandwich and pineapple upside down cake. Both fully consumed and we rolled out of the restaurant and headed back to FQ.

I will fill you in on H2O later as we are rushing from Cape May breakfast ... I need to get my thoughts together on it today - whilst we enjoyed it I do feel a bit ripped off but will review in a bit from a sun lounger 😊

Tonight’s tea is Yachtsman and I’ve promised Eva a Minnie Pants sundae from Beaches and Crean take out afterwards.