Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Mar 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Nippydan
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Oh no, so sorry to all those affected and the disappointment you and your families will have to suffer. Completely agree regards going without access to the parks, won't be the same holiday and I wonder how the insurance companies will view it.
Nippydan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Latest Update from WDW

TICKETS

May I get a refund on my ticket?

Unexpired multi-day theme park tickets with unused days, or date-specific theme park tickets with a start date on or before March 31, 2020 will automatically be extended to use any date through December 15, 2020. If you are unable to visit by December 15, 2020, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.

Florida Resident Discover Disney Tickets may be used through July 31, 2020.

Guests who have purchased tickets for Disney After Hours, Disney Villains After Hours and Disney Early Morning Magic from March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 will be automatically refunded.

ANNUAL PASSES

How does the closure of Walt Disney World impact annual passes?

Walt Disney World annual passes will be extended by the number of days the parks are closed, March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020.

RESORTS

I have a future stay at a Disney Resort hotel while the park is closed. What does that mean for my vacation?

Guests who have not checked in for stays between March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 may modify or cancel their Disney Resort room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company package up to their original check-in date. If no action is taken, Disney will automatically process a refund to the original form of payment within seven days of the original check-in date. If you did not book through Disney directly, please contact your travel professional.

What if I want to cancel a Disney Resort hotel reservation after the parks reopen?

We will waive all Disney imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in through June 30, 2020.

DINING & OTHER EXPERIENCES

I have a pre-paid dining reservation or experience reservation like Droid Depot during the time when the parks are closed. Will I receive a refund?

Yes. All pre-paid dining and experience reservations will be automatically refunded if scheduled between March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020.

What happens to dining reservations that required a credit card at the time of booking?

Reservations made at locations impacted by the closure will not be charged a cancellation or no-show fee.
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

So sorry for all the folks particularly the children missing out
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

Absolutely gutted for everyone who is impacted by this
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
P_isforparrot

I wonder how many people will claim they are self isolating to claim in the insurance?
P_isforparrot is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Really feel for people caught up in this and due to go in the next month or so.

Hope you all manage to re-schedule and that airlines are simpathetic to this too.

Hoping the whole thing just blows over soon - worrying times
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Looking on the bright side, if the parks are closed they may be able to accelerate some of the renovations and building work as they do not need to consider guests and can work longer hours.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
My DS was due to fly out next week staying at CSR. He's been on hold for 2 hours as wants to cancel and then got cut off

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Looking on the bright side, if the parks are closed they may be able to accelerate some of the renovations and building work as they do not need to consider guests and can work longer hours.
Pretty sure the idea is to protect the workers not their guests so dont really see that happening most likely bare min of staff on duty although AK will need more help than others with the animals to look after
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Well that's DH's birthday trip to DLRP over for this year. We will reschedule to go later in the year, and we are very lucky to be able to do this I guess. Disappointing but we would rather everyone be safe, including cast members.

I'm holding off on calling Disney Holidays UK for a few days, they will be inundated! Just hoping I can get either a refund or an alternative date for the hotel in London we were staying in the night before the Eurostar train, and also for the train tickets to London.

Sending everyone who was planning to travel to any of the parks shortly a big virtual hug.