Old 17 Mar 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Travelrepublic

Hi just had an email from Travelrepublic telling me they had cancelled my SW all day dining passes and they where issuing a credit note vaild for 6 months, I have sent a reply stating no thank you I'll take my cash back thanks as seriously 6 months not exactly a long time to use credit
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've had the same email for DC booking and have requested a refund too

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
unbelievably they are intending to take my money on the 28th march for hotel and issue me a credit note for that booking
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by highlander447 View Post
unbelievably they are intending to take my money on the 28th march for hotel and issue me a credit note for that booking
Exactly the same for me for the 1st April. I have contacted them daily for 4 days asking that they do not take the payment - all I have had in response is automated emails saying they will take the payment tomorrow and then the email tonight saying that they will issue a credit note for six months! Credit card company cannot stop them taking the payment but advised me to claim consequential loss. I will never book with them again as I feel they are not being fair!
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
Exactly the same for me for the 1st April. I have contacted them daily for 4 days asking that they do not take the payment - all I have had in response is automated emails saying they will take the payment tomorrow and then the email tonight saying that they will issue a credit note for six months! Credit card company cannot stop them taking the payment but advised me to claim consequential loss. I will never book with them again as I feel they are not being fair!
not great I still have 10 days till payment due and in T&C can cancel although they can charge me £40 admin fee
Old 17 Mar 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Kokey77
Earning My Ears

I've had the same email for our space centre tickets and also requested a refund as 6 months credit is of no use to us. No response yet...
Kokey77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

They are not responding to any communications but continuing to take monies 😡
Old 21 Mar 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I have the same issue with my holiday I have booked with them. Final payment due on 8th April, a holiday which I cannot take! No way of stopping them taking my money off credit card and then they’ll offer me a credit note?! I’ve tried for days to contact them too but no responses by any method. Disgraceful

I don’t see how they can still be taking our money for holidays that’s have been cancelled by FCO/airlines etc? Is there nothing we can do?

Edited at 01:55 PM.
DisneyGirl86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
thealienwarrior
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

For anyone with this problem, as long as you are paying by a visa debit or credit card (so not direct debit) can advise their card issuer they no longer authorise any further payments to a particular retailer.

This can be used in other circumstances too, such as a recurring visa transaction, if the retailer are un-contactable/not responding/refusing to cancel even after advising them you wish to cancel future payments.

It can take a couple of working days to be actioned in full. Just bear in mind, if you do need to make additional payments to anyone once authorisation has been removed, this will need to be by a different means.
Old 24 Mar 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Kokey77
Earning My Ears

Just to add, I've now had a response to my request for a full refund to say space centre tickets are valid till the end of 2020 or you can have your money back less 10%. Not great but of more use than a 6 month credit note to me.
Kokey77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List