Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post

BA offering Heathrow departures to MCO, July 2021?

We're hoping to book for Orlando in August 2021 and I've just noticed that BA are offering a Heathrow-Orlando flight in July 2021. That would be great for us as LHR is our nearest airport. Anyone know if this is just a temporary timetable they are operating to, and before we get to summer of next year BA will shunt that departure back to Gatwick? Or have they announced a permanent move to Heathrow for some of their Gatwick services and I've missed that announcement?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The CEO announced in an internal memo to staff back in April/May that BA might consolidate into LHR "in the future" and pull out of LGW.

We received an email today to advise that our Nov 2020 flights from LGW to MCO were cancelled and I've changed to LHR. So I guess that the unofficial migration has begun.

Mick
Old 29 Jul 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Try reading through this thread I started earlier - still a confusing situation with no permanent move announcement (yet).

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1177574
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

A permanent move would be good for us Manchester Airport goers. An extra route via London without the airport change.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by shelle View Post
A permanent move would be good for us Manchester Airport goers. An extra route via London without the airport change.
Great news for us Northerners!

Much easier to drive to Heathrow too rather than the poorly located Gatwick
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I got thru to them about 20 minutes ago, theguy wasn’t very helpful(very surprised as BA service has been excellent so far during covid) he said he couldn’t help me as he only dealt with flight only queries and I’d need to call the BA holidays team tomorrow as they close at 8pm, which is fair enough, I also queried the move to Heathrow and he said it wasn’t true as BA Havent made official announcement of a change . However when I do dummy bookings there is options to fly from Heathrow Or gatwick - it’s very confusing ! I would actually prefer to fly from Heathrow as I live in Aberdeen as they don’t fly to gatwick and I normally go to Edin fly from there, as there’s no way I’d fly into Heathrow then transfer to gatwick. Will call tomorrow and let you all know what the outcome is
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

I also live up Aberdeen kinda way and this would be great. Abz- heathrow and then heathrow - mco. Cutting out airport change.
stu1873 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stu1873 View Post
I also live up Aberdeen kinda way and this would be great. Abz- heathrow and then heathrow - mco. Cutting out airport change.
It would be so much better, I just normally drive to Edin stay overnight then fly to gatwick, as the transfer between airports would stress me out lol, so fingers crossed they let me change , if not will just ask for a refund and rebook myself from Aberdeen.
The guy I spoke to at BA an hour ago was so unhelpful, denying that the flights are moving to Heathrow when I queried then why can I do dummy bookings with flights to mco from Heathrow he couldn’t get off the fone quick enough
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stu1873 View Post
Another Aberdeen or Inverness user here will be great if this route stays and looking at the prices next July they look quite reasonable. Hopefully they stay like that as I’m planning on booking next week when my return date is out 🤞🏻
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Very strange. I've just checked our flights for the 6th May and it shows both a flight from Gatwick and Heathrow leaving at 1325 although we are booked on the earlier flight which leaves at 1025 from Gatwick.