Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Sep 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Chortle
Getting Excited

Taken a punt, booked flights Lgw to Tampa and return same with Ford Explorer all inc, 2ad +2 teenagers £3327. £400 deposit, prepared to lose that if it is still not safe to travel as flights booked tie in to dates we needed. Mid August - 18 nights.

Its a bit of a gamble, but for £400 have taken a punt.

One thing I hadn't calculated was pre booking seats - one still to sort...
Chortle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by willssv View Post
I've looked on ITA matrix and seen flights that aren't on the BA website. Are these flights available to purchase or are these guide prices?
Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
You need to take the flight details to a good TA who should find the flights for you. A lot of the Matrix flights are code share and not always on the airline web pages. You can print off the full flight details which give you all the nitty gritty full flight info for your TA.
As I posted a few pages back, sometimes there are online options. Follow these instructions:

If you are looking at ITA Matrix you can check online agents for prices by...

1. Going to bookwithmatrix/
2. Copy the whole page of the ITA Matrix page, ie CTRL-A, CTRL-C
3. Paste the results into Book with Matrix, ie CTRL-V
4. Check out the results

I've found that Priceline.com is giving prices for some dates quite close to ITA Matrix results, ie last night I had something like July 25th - August 8th direct to MCO with Finnair (ie BA) for something like $630, ie below £500pp.

* - Use Command instead of CTRL if you are on a Mac

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I’m bowing out of this super early this year. I’ve been attracted by the BA packages plus they’ve allowed me to transfer my deposit from this year to next. I’m quite enjoying fictitious holiday bookings.
We’ve gone for LGW to TPA, 5 of us - best I can work out is it’s around £2,750 ish. Hard to breakdown completely as we have 3 hotel bookings included with total. 19th July - 25th August.
I did notice that it was bringing up decent prices for RPR, it was around £1700 for 7 nights Club Level for latter part of August.
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

I can't book yet as our return date is 31st August, but BAs flydrive prices for around that time seem very good.

2 adults, 2 teens + Group F car
19/8-28/8
£2,400 approx.

Small downside in that flight goes out of Gatwick and back to Heathrow but worth the hassle for that price I think.

Almost seem too good to be true as flights alone are around £1,000. Have I missed something?!
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

What’s with all this flying out of Gatwick and back into Heathrow? - Have direct return flights been abolished?
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
What’s with all this flying out of Gatwick and back into Heathrow? - Have direct return flights been abolished?
I spotted that too.

You can find the LHR-MCO-LHR but it was £700 more for me for 4 people!
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We were originally booked to fly out of Heathrow but changed it at the weekend to the Gatwick flight as it’s a 10.30am out instead of 1.30pm From Heathrow. (At no extra cost)

We are still returning to Heathrow though but you can pick either or.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 05:02 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

We’ve booked:-

LGW - MCO 1/8/21
MCO - LHR 28/8/21

Two adults, three children (15, 12, 5) and a Ford Explorer or similar for 27 nights including extra driver = £3715.87.

The car hire alone is approximately £2,000 so I’m happy with that 😄

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

I don't know, its a bit weird. When looking at flights only the return flight had the option of returning to Gatwick or returning to Heathrow, both direct and both leaving at around the same time.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
I don't know, its a bit weird. When looking at flights only the return flight had the option of returning to Gatwick or returning to Heathrow, both direct and both leaving at around the same time.
We’ve used this route for years now, so it’s not something new. We can’t get a connection from Newcastle to Gatwick anymore so our only option is into Heathrow and taxi across