Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Sep 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks all.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I thought Blackwood was Blaina Gwent but apparently it’s Caerphilly, similar with Risca/Cross Keys as I thought they were Newport. Thankfully Google put me right, but not everyone would think of checking so it’s an easy mistake to make I guess.
Wish they were Newport! We live about 200 yards in border and had to cancel our holiday to West Wales next week Grrrrrrrrrr.

Sure you will be fine A465/A470
Have a safe journey

Edited at 07:14 PM.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Puddle5 View Post
Wish they were Newport! We live about 200 yards in border and had to cancel our holiday to West Wales next week Grrrrrrrrrr.

Have a safe journey
Oh that’s so sad, I’m so sorry you can’t get away. I was really surprised that it wasn’t Newport though, as I mentioned my DD went to college there for 2 years and I still hadn’t realised it was Caerphilly
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

I have no idea where exactly but my boss lives in Caerphilly and said the Police had put up some road check points.
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lucky's Mum View Post
I have no idea where exactly but my boss lives in Caerphilly and said the Police had put up some road check points.
Thank you for this !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Our HT issued letters today to all people living in Caerphilly but travelling to work in RCT to show so they must be intending to take some action.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Puddle5 View Post

Have a safe journey
I'm so sorry about your holiday 🙁 I live in Cardiff and am off to Pembrokeshire this weekend and have been obsessing about our numbers for a while as I didn't want to lose another holiday. I really hope things improve soon and you can get away somewhere later this year.
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Our HT issued letters today to all people living in Caerphilly but travelling to work in RCT to show so they must be intending to take some action.
It seems I have the same employer
As a Caerphilly resident, my countdown to St Ives of just 2 days must now be stopped and cancelled. The rest of the group are going as they will be legal without us.

Anecdotal gossip reckons it will be valley lockdowns rather than the whole county in RCT.

Edited at 06:06 PM.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by justacey View Post
As a Caerphilly resident, my countdown to St Ives of just 2 days must now be stopped and cancelled. The rest of the group are going as they will be legal without us.

Anecdotal gossip reckons it will be valley lockdowns rather than the whole county in RCT.
What a shame!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by justacey View Post

Sorry to hear that our hotel have been fantastic and refunded the whole amount and we have rebooked later in the year... here's hoping. Hope you get refunded and can go away later in the year

Hoping thing improve soon in all areas where it is rising
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List