Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 16 Sep 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What's travel in London like at the moment?

I am off for my postponed 60th celebration. Travelling to Waterloo by train them a cab to The Ritz for afternoon tea!.

I have not been to London for quite some time and maybe in current situation things are different, but, I am a little worried about crowds, barring a cab etc ( I do not like the tube so won't be using it!).

Anyone abject set my mind at rest?

Thank you.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
When we where there last week it was quite bizzy but not over bizzy we used the tube every day which we prefer the taxi seemed to be less bizzy then normal as there not many tourists about
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Underground ok, but bus very crowded (our journey was from Paddington to Dalston)

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ali C
Excited about Disney

Ali C's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I have been travelling in to London every day to work for the last couple of weeks. The trains are fairly quiet and walking to the office is not that busy. The traffic on the roads can be a bit slow due to all the cycle lanes. Hope you enjoy your afternoon tea 😊
Old 16 Sep 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
fissycist
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have been travelling into London 2 days per week since lockdown started travelling in rush hour. It is busier now that when lockdown first happened however there are more trains running now in theory.
For me Northern Line is wonderfully quiet with over 1m social distancing possible at most times.
My metro mainline train unfortunately is much busier so I often need to sit next to or directly opposite someone. Train commuters are also much poorer at wearing their masks properly which I find a bit frustrating.
fissycist is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I live by Waterloo - it is very quiet around here and the station. It’s a nice 20 min from Waterloo to Ritz through the parks - I walker up to The Royal academy the other week and hardly saw another soul. I haven’t used the Tube since the pandemic but use black cabs all the time and they are plentiful and its a good fast way (due to lack of traffic these days) o get form A to Z - the app “free now” is excellent at looking at choices nd pay via the app which makes it easier.

Enjoy your trip to our wonderful Town and feel free to ask me, as local, if you have any questions or concerns.

Take care x
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Meggy, have a fab afternoon. I celebrated my 50th birthday there and really enjoyed the whole experience. x
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
I'm off to London tomorrow for 2 nights with dd, really looking forward to it 😁. Going to walk over the 02 tomorrow afternoon which was a Christmas present from last year! Then Saturday we are going for an Alice's Queen of Hearts afternoon tea at the Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Hotel. Really looking forward to!

Hope you enjoy your afternoon tea too! 😁
Old 18 Sep 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Meggy, have a fab afternoon. I celebrated my 50th birthday there and really enjoyed the whole experience. x
Thank you! It's a belated 60th for both myself and best friend! I went many years ago and loved it so we thought we would spoil ourselves.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List