Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Oct 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 13 - MK & T-Rex

The index is here.

Thursday 8th August 2019

The plan today was to get to MK about 0930 for our first FP; we had FPs for Space Mountain, Peter Pan and Big Thunder Mountain. We had an early ADR for T-Rex so planned to look around Disney Springs.

We got up and decided to grab some breakfast on the way to MK; we stopped at McDonalds on the 192 and it was probably the worse service I’ve ever had in the States. The servers were very arrogant and having a conversation in Spanish throughout whilst serving me; it was almost like I was interrupting them The meal was pretty much plonked on the tray without so much as a thank you. Anyway, the meal was a McDonalds meal and cost $19 ($15.70). Putting that experience behind us, off we went to MK.

We caught the ferry over to MK this time as we had been on the bus and monorail so let’s do the lot

First stop today was Space Mountain for our FP.

Next was Tomorrowland Speedway, which I think is a first for us in MK; DW went with DD1 and had the pleasure of being driven by DD2.

I’m just happy that DD2 has another 3 years before she learns to drive It was really fun and we all enjoyed it. Then another family favourite, the People Mover. Status report on Tron ride, not much progress since last week

The Carrousel was next

Over to Peter Pan for our next FP and then we had ourselves a little treat at Scrapbook Treats; we shared a Lost Princess Cone, a Peter Pan float, a Coke and a Hot Fudge Sundae.

They were all very tasty and cost $21.38 (£17.67). After filling up a little bit we had a wander over to Gaston’s Tavern

We got in there and the heavens opened; so, we had an extra look before darting to Voyage of Little Mermaid

The rain had stopped when we left so we made our way to our final FP, Big Thunder Mountain. It was time to start making our way to Disney Springs but we had our eye on a game in the shop by Haunted Mansion, so grabbed it on the way out.

We caught the Monorail back to the car and drove to Disney springs. It’s the first time I’ve driven since all of the new car parks had opened so we took a gamble and parked in Grapefruit which comes out by World of Disney. DD2 bought a Spirit Jersey in Disney Style and DW bought some clothes in Uni-Qlo then we went to T-Rex.

We came on our last visit with our friends and the 8 of us had a really good time; we sat in the middle where you can see the T-Rex and it’s really open and bright.

This time we were sat right behind that dark blue ice wall and it was quite dark in there.

DW had Meteor Meat Loaf and Fanta; DD2 had the children’s Chicken and fries with Coke; DD1 had cheese panini and tomato soup with a Coke and I had the Bronto burger with a glass of water.

For pudding, we shared the Chocolate Extinction

We all enjoyed the food although the children’s chicken could have been jazzed up slightly; my burger was really tasty and DD1 said her panini and soup was very nice. And of course, who doesn’t love the chocolate extinction? It was $121 (£100); maybe it was where we were sat and I could have asked to be moved but, in that area, you did feel slightly away from it all. I guess what I’m saying was the food was good, but the experience was very average for the price.

I would recommend to anyone to go there especially with smaller children so they can see the light show however tip would be a seat in the main area.

We carried on shopping for bits in World of Disney; I really like the refurbished WoD it seems so open and bright and like that each theme is in its own place so you can buy a whole range in one place. However, I don’t like the fact that the handbags, jewellery etc. have moved to their own shop somewhere else in Disney Springs.

DD1 found her Cheshire Cat

Shopped out, we headed back to the villa via Publix in Berry City to stock on essentials

Another good day; we had fun in MK and then a wander around Disney Springs but a so-so experience in T-Rex. Ah well not every day and meal can be brilliant

Tomorrow is Epcot in the morning then lunch in Sanaa followed by a relaxed afternoon and evening. We had thought about going to Celebration and the eating at either Manny’s Chop House or Miller’s Ale House. Day 14 can be found here

Edited at 05:02 PM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day shame about your meals though

Joan