Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I have noticed on the 2 quotes you showed that the VH quote includes a car and the BA quote doesn't . Still a big difference in price though between the two quotes.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

How are you all pricing up these quotes? BA holidays is only letting me go up to Oct 8th (but later for flights). I’m obviously doing something wrong! Any ideas?
Old 15 Nov 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
How are you all pricing up these quotes? BA holidays is only letting me go up to Oct 8th (but later for flights). I’m obviously doing something wrong! Any ideas?
I got a quote earlier today for Oct half term. I clicked on 'flight and hotel' and then 'create custom trip'. The dates were going into early November 2021.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Only one option for me in these circumstances .. and even if the prices were identical...

Ba refunded everybody including me withing a couple of weeks during March.. Virgin broke the law, lied, obfuscated and took their exceptionally loyal customers for mugs. Some are at 160 days plus and still waiting.

BA have a fleet of 250. Virgin have a current fleet of around 31. much better resilience.

BA would in probability be bailed out at government level if necessary , should this sorry tale continue. Virgin tried and were turned down. Virgin did raise funding in the summer, but it is unclear as to how long this funding will sustain them.

Then we do get to prices. What exactly are Virgin offering in order to justify charging twice as much, other than uncertainty? It is BA that could justify charging more on the basis that they have delivered to customers since March whilst Virgin clearly have not.

Next August was between American (they refunded me as well for August and within 5 days) and BA (Who refunded me for March within 8 days) into San Francisco and out of Las Vegas. I didnt even price up with Virgin as I would not trust them to either get me there in 10 months time or give a timely refund if legally required.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 12:19 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

UPDATE!

I've booked!

Can't explain how excited we are, we've never been over Halloween before so it's a whole new experience for us, i know they rock it hard over there so im excited to see all the halloween decs/trick & treat station in the parks etc

We went for the dates i noted in the first post. 22nd Oct - 1st Nov 2021 (Lincolnshire half term week). Direct from LHR with BA, Sheraton Vistana Villages with an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite (kids will be 6 & 8yo). Total price of = £2540. Paid the £350 deposit and will await to see if all ok covid wise by summer '21 before i pay the outstanding balance.

Thank you to all the dibbers, i couldn't do it without you xxxx

Edited at 11:55 AM.
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kitjos View Post
UPDATE!

I've booked!

Can't explain how excited we are, we've never been over Halloween before so it's a whole new experience for us, i know they rock it hard over there so im excited to see all the halloween decs/trick & treat station in the parks etc

We went for the dates i noted in the first post. 22nd Oct - 1st Nov 2021 (Lincolnshire half term week). Direct from LHR with BA, Sheraton Vistana Villages with an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite (kids will be 6 & 8yo). Total price of = £2540. Paid the £350 deposit and will await to see if all ok covid wise by summer '21 before i pay the outstanding balance.

Great news... and congratulations.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I kept getting similar sort of price differences when looking at business class. Probably my last 6 bookings have been with BA for this reason and so far I’ve been happy with the service.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kitjos View Post
UPDATE!

I've booked!

After seeing your post yesterday, I went on for a look yesterday and ended up booking! We are also staying at the Sheraton Vistana, the one on I drive in a 2 bed. We also fly on the 22nd, but coming home on the 30th as we only get 1 week off in October and the Friday is a non pupil day. We are also going in august too, so I’m praying COVID doesn’t interfere with our plans.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
After seeing your post yesterday, I went on for a look yesterday and ended up booking! We are also staying at the Sheraton Vistana, the one on I drive in a 2 bed. We also fly on the 22nd, but coming home on the 30th as we only get 1 week off in October and the Friday is a non pupil day. We are also going in august too, so I’m praying COVID doesn’t interfere with our plans.

Haha! Oh neat! . Yeh our kids have Friday off & go back on the 1st but ill swing around that . Same flight out, same hotel and suite size - might unknowingly bump into you while we're wondering around . I'm hoping Mickey's not so scary will be on so we can go to that too - love the planning! xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List