Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Nov 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Fluff, just a heads up that a fairly recent thread about Dreams is on here - there were a few bad reviews, might be worth a search.

Tilly, I seem to remember your thread, [mattress - what do you have], generated a few pages
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fluff48 View Post
Thank you. Can i ask how does the eve differ to the Emma? Is it firmer or more traditional like a spring mattress, etc

We are both side sleepers and looking for somthing for lower back pain plus hip pain for OH.

Sorry for the 20 questions lol. I just wish I could try all the mattresses in a shop locally.
I am a side sleeper and have had hip replacement, I am on a Emma at the minute on the double lower bunk in daughters room (no drama but she is swimming early with me) I never get back or hip pain on the Eve I do on the Emma. I think that the Emma is a little firmer but it does not feel it when you lye down just the next day. The Eve seems to mould to you a bit more and support each bit of you. I don’t feel hot on these mattresses like we did on the tempura ones.

Just one thing I don’t seem to have the back paid when I wake up it’s after I have woken up and just lied there very odd but don’t get in it on the Eve

Hope this helps, feel free to ask away.

I would buy Eve again for our bed again tomorrow I would,buy Emma for guest beds but not for out main ine

Edited at 11:36 PM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I am a side sleeper and have had hip replacement, I am on a Emma at the minute on the double lower bunk in daughters room (no drama but she is swimming early with me) I never get back or hip pain on the Eve I do on the Emma. I think that the Emma is a little firmer but it does not feel it when you lye down just the next day. The Eve seems to mould to you a bit more and support each bit of you. I don’t feel hot on these mattresses like we did on the tempura ones.

Just one thing I don’t seem to have the back paid when I wake up it’s after I have woken up and just lied there very odd but don’t get in it on the Eve

Hope this helps, feel free to ask away.

I would buy Eve again for our bed again tomorrow I would,buy Emma for guest beds but not for out main ine
Thanks for the honest reply. Your in a good position to try both mattresses out for longer than 5 mins in the shop.

Off to look for the dreams thread now
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have Superking Simba and had it since August 17 and it’s perfect, no issues with a ridge etc as Amy above reports- maybe Amy got a dud, I’d complain.
It’s similar to a Tempur yes.
We have found Simba to be very good. It’s quite firm.

Edited at 11:48 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

We have the TheraPur mattress from Dreams. Also, both side sleepers. We tried the Tempur but didn't like it. I'd also consider bed base. We have slept on a slatted base for a long, long time. Tried beds instore with a divan base and all of them were uncomfortable so stayed with a slatted base.

BTW, we had fantastic service from Dreams both in the store up to delivery. No pushy hard sell and have recommended them to friends.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've not experienced any problems with my Simba hybrid pro mattress (king size). I know I'm over half way into the 200 night trial

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We tried the king size simba last year, it was like sleeping on a bag of sand , my hubby developed a bad back, he had never had any problems before this.
We sent it back and got a sealy serenity spa, best mattress I’ve ever slept on.
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
We have the TheraPur mattress from Dreams. Also, both side sleepers. We tried the Tempur but didn't like it. I'd also consider bed base. We have slept on a slatted base for a long, long time. Tried beds instore with a divan base and all of them were uncomfortable so stayed with a slatted base.

BTW, we had fantastic service from Dreams both in the store up to delivery. No pushy hard sell and have recommended them to friends.
Excellent, good to o hear a good outcome for this mattress. I’ve always had a sprung divan base but the new divans are not sprung. May need to look at a slatted base then to get the same feel. Thanks for that as I didn’t think it would matter to much.
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
We tried the king size simba last year, it was like sleeping on a bag of sand , my hubby developed a bad back, he had never had any problems before this.
We sent it back and got a sealy serenity spa, best mattress I’ve ever slept on.
I think it was the sealy sanctuary spa from Bensons that we also like. Very close to the gel mattresses, which just felt a tad cooler, which maybe better for the summer.
Old 22 Nov 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We love the simba hybrid, I have fibromyalgia and find it really good. Also don't seem to sweat so much like with the memory foam one we had. I thought that it was a bit hard to begin with but we love it.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List