Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Oct 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Mixed bag of reviews😀
I think it's like everything - you will get good and bad reviews.
I tend to ignore official reviews and they never mimic the real world. I generally look at customer reviews - read many on the worst ones to see if they are things that affect me or not. I generally ignore the extremes at the worst and the best to get a real flavour.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Gosh I have opened a can of worms on this subject haven't I
No not really - I just think they are a fad like square steering wheels on Alegros, beta max videos and then laser disk players - always had some fans but in this case you cant beat the tried and tested (I have had all 3 ) - I juts hate to see people waste their money to be honest when there are cheaper and more effective alternatives around
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Angelina
Apprentice Imagineer

I had a Grundig heat pump dryer, absolutely hated it, sold it and went back to a Zanussi condensor dryer, which is great.
Angelina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
No not really - I just think they are a fad like square steering wheels on Alegros, beta max videos and then laser disk players - always had some fans but in this case you cant beat the tried and tested (I have had all 3 ) - I juts hate to see people waste their money to be honest when there are cheaper and more effective alternatives around
But they aren't really a fad though. Manufacturers are having to use different technologies to reduce energy usage. And they are also starting to reduce production of the older types for the same reason.
They are more like electric cars than the items you have mentioned. I hate electric cars and wouldn't buy one. But at some stage I will have no option.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
But as you can see from other posts (like mine) that some of us have found them to be really effective.

Ours is also a condenser and we love it!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have just got a Bosch one. I was sceptical about drying times but we have found it’s not too bad under 2 hours completely dry...longer than the condenser we had but only 30mins or so. Like it so far. And it’s quieter too.
Lint filters are easy to clean in ours. We couldn’t decide after reading reviews but went for one as they are better energy consumption wise.
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I don't know how to add UPDATE to the title so hope those who added their input will notice this:

I ended up buying the BEKO Heat Pump dryer from John Lewis & I have to say its amazing, should have bought one a long time ago (Had I had the room then). 9kg load so I can put my sheets pillow cases & duvet cover in to wash then dry and have them back on the bed within 4 hours! To top that they come out uncreased. I can do a MIXED load and the machine works it out itself as to when some stuff is dry, buzzer goes off for me to removed that stuff, if I want, then continues to dry the rest of the stuff. Thank you all for your input & I would add I would highly recommend the Beko Heat Pump Tumble dryer.
Old 30 Nov 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’ve got a Bosch 8kg heat pump drier. My only complaint is that the sensor sometimes thinks clothes are dry and they are sometimes still quite damp. I then have to put the drier on again at a straight 20min warm cycle otherwise it keeps clicking off.
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
I’ve got a Bosch 8kg heat pump drier. My only complaint is that the sensor sometimes thinks clothes are dry and they are sometimes still quite damp. I then have to put the drier on again at a straight 20min warm cycle otherwise it keeps clicking off.
I looked at a very good video on cleaning & maintenance of HP Dryers & it said to make sure you wipe clean the sensors on the inside of the dryer after use which I ha e been doing.
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I looked at a very good video on cleaning & maintenance of HP Dryers & it said to make sure you wipe clean the sensors on the inside of the dryer after use which I ha e been doing.
Oh, that’s maybe what I’m needing to do, thank you. I’ll have a look and see if I can locate the sensor.