VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
The 3 Cabelleros - Day 7. Fast Passes Galore In Magic Kingdom

We had some fast passes for magic kingdom and after the insane queues of earlier in the week we decided to get there early. We walked over to the boat dock just before 9, and the boat was just arriving. We were pleased to get a seat without a wait. It was a good omen for the day..

We got to the park on the boat, and as we entered this lovely car stopped. We asked if she was free and the driver was and drove us up Main Street. This was quite slow as pedestrians just walked in front of the car so she had to take it very slowly but it was a novel treat.

After our trip up Main Street we walked around to Big Thunder and fortunately no 50 minute queues today. We were straight on with our fastpass and I used the DIBB trick to bring our next fastpass forward by half an hour. Big Thunder was only running one track which I think is why the queues were so long.

When we got off Splash was showing 10 minutes so we decided we could wait.

As we approached the entrance it went down to 5 minutes. Perfect.

We walked more or less straight on and got absolutely soaked on the ride. Earlier In The week I'd escaped the wet but today we were all drenched.

We were now able to walk straight over to pirates where we got splashed again. I was now very wet. And of course wearing denim...

(Check out Mollys face, No I have no idea... )

I'd again managed to move our Buzz fastpass earlier. So we started to walk over there. But just as we passed the castle the stage show started, so we stopped and watched for a little while.

We stopped and watched the show and this nicely took us to our time for Buzz.
We had now done our three fast passes so I started to look for more, and managed to get Goofys Barnstormer for 30 minutes later.
We came off Buzz and went on Carousel of Progress.

After carousel of progress we walked round to Goofys Barnstormer. This is the shortest ride ever and definitely not worth a long wait. But great if you can walk straight on, In the queue I picked up a Dumbo fastpass for the current time. How is that possible? So we were straight off Goofy

And straight onto Dumbo

We were starting to think it was time to go, but the fastpasses kept coming. I got one final one for Under the Sea

And then we decided to get an Orange float from Sunshine Tree and head out.

We were pretty pleased with ourselves, it was 1pm and we had pretty much walked from Ride to ride all morning. Getting on 8 rides and watching 1 show.

We got the boat back to Copper creek and had some lunch in our room.

We then went round to the was pool for a few hours and eventually dragged ourselves out of the pool, and got ready to go out for tea.

We went to Chilis for tea, Via a bit of a circuitous route as we missed a turning. Obviously no voices were raised in the car...

They have a 3 for $10 menu so we all had a drink, starter and main and it was $32 + tip.

I had baked potato soup which was delicious. But really filling so I couldn't finish my quesadillas, Phil and Molly were more sensible and had salad to start.

We took a much shorter route back to the hotel. You can get from wilderness lodge to palm parkway by going past the wilderness cabins and then past some Disney offices and it's very quick, Much shorter than following the official signposts to leave property by Disney springs.

Of course, we discovered this yesterday as we are moving go the boardwalk soon, but it's a handy tip anyway.

After the last few days we needed a more budget friendly day.

Orange float $6.38
Chillies $35

$41.38

BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by BevS97 - 28 Jul 19 2:07 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You managed lots of rides during your morning in MK so that was great. And well done on your budget day

Joan
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow, 8 fastpasses and a show - that is brilliant! Love car ride too - a very novel way of navigating Main Street! A very good budget-friendly day.
Lastly, i love Mollie's expression on that photo!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great MK morning :-)
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

That’s a pretty impressive number of rides in a morning!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Chillis sounds fantastic and great value! Must make note... you made MK look easy too. It always completely exhausts me!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

A great report so far and looks like you've all been having great fun.

'I used the DIBB trick to bring our next fastpass forward by half an hour'

Can you explain what the DIBB trick is please?

Thanks
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Once your have entered the queue and checked in you can change the time on your next fastpass, (bringing it forward) or get your fourth fastpass. just keep searching repeatedly until you get a time you like. You won’t lose what you have until you accept the new time.

For your 4th (and subsequent) If you see a ride you want with a late time grab it anyway. And then keep amending the time. I was usually able to bring them to within an hour of the current time. This was before we had ridden our current ride. So by the time we’d exited the current ride we’d have something lined up shortly after.

Edited at 09:46 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Once your have entered the queue and checked in you can change the time on your next fastpass, (bringing it forward) or get your fourth fastpass. just keep searching repeatedly until you get a time you like. You won’t lose what you have until you accept the new time.

For your 4th (and subsequent) If you see a ride you want with a late time grab it anyway. And then keep amending the time. I was usually able to bring them to within an hour of the current time. This was before we had ridden our current ride. So by the time we’d exited the current ride we’d have something lined up shortly after.
Wow...I thought I was organised! Thanks, that's a good plan... I'll give it a go next year.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List