Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Feb 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Uber / Lyft Questions

I'm sorry to ask more questions about the above but just after some guidance.

I have never used Uber or Lyft before so please excuse me if they are daft questions.

Firstly, will Uber XL take 6 persons? We are 4 adults and 2 young children 5 and 3. Also I have looked at the fare estimator and there is a big difference in price between 'UberXL' and 'UberXl car seat'. Are any likely to have 2 car seats/boosters? Would it be a legal requirement to use them or are taxis excluded?

Lastly, and a long shot. Has anyone used Uber/Lyft from Highlands Reserve (or other communities on the US27) to Disney (and return) and was it seamless or did it present any difficulties? If recent can you recall the cost?

Ta
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
hi you pay $10 for car seat reason for large increase not sure on legal side but we did use at times without car seat as no car was available with one
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

We used Uber all the time and from our experience from last year it was a hit or a miss regards car seat/ booster.Having a young one with 4 adults we ordered xl and everyone but one had a child seat or booster but just one.The one that didnt have either a seat or booster we sent packing.Every uber we ordered would carry 4 ad and 2 ch

Edited at 12:39 AM.
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

uber/gb/en/price-estimate/

UberXL with car seat one way to MK is approx $41

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Legally the 5 year old doesn’t need a car seat in Florida.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 04:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Are you planning on using Uber for every journey? With the size of your group, the location you are staying at and especially the need for two carseats I would seriously consider hiring a vehicle.
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
marrieis
New Poster (2)

We go next month for easter and have decided this time not to hire a car and use Uber/Lyft. we have never used either before.

We are getting the inflatable booster seat to take (our youngest will be 6 two weeks after we get home. Its about £25 on amazon and only weighs around 500g deflated. Its been changed too to make the seatbelt guides easier to use.

Just a quick thing though, I am not sure how it works coming out of Disney parks. I assume we wait until we are off the monorail/ferry before ordering one? Do they come right up to those areas or do we have to go into a car park does anyone know?

We are on International Drive very close to Universal so not too worried about coming from there but Disney I have no idea of where we would get picked up from.
marrieis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

We ordered our uber as we walked off monorail or as we walked round to taxi rank.Follow signs to taxi rank,thats where u,ll get your uber
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marrieis View Post
We go next month for easter and have decided this time not to hire a car and use Uber/Lyft. we have never used either before.

We are getting the inflatable booster seat to take (our youngest will be 6 two weeks after we get home. Its about £25 on amazon and only weighs around 500g deflated. Its been changed too to make the seatbelt guides easier to use.

Just a quick thing though, I am not sure how it works coming out of Disney parks. I assume we wait until we are off the monorail/ferry before ordering one? Do they come right up to those areas or do we have to go into a car park does anyone know?

We are on International Drive very close to Universal so not too worried about coming from there but Disney I have no idea of where we would get picked up from.
You could always walk to the Contemporary and catch your Uber/Lyft from there. Possibly just as quick as waiting for monorail or ferry.
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
marrieis
New Poster (2)

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated.
marrieis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List