Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 May 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shabbadoof
Excited about Disney

have they announced how people staying at the resort will book to go in the park? Or will we not have to?
shabbadoof is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by shabbadoof View Post
have they announced how people staying at the resort will book to go in the park? Or will we not have to?
I would think they’ll be high on the priority list at least.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This is all very positive.

I'm not too fussed by parades etc as I've seen it before and to be honest it's the part that I dislike... Getting a good spot, waiting around etc and probably just wanting to go to bed!

We've been to DLP with the kids and we queued up for a couple of meet and greets but only because we walked past them. So I dont think they would know any better.

Just need the borders open and the quarantines to go away now.
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkledust14
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Yes but will you be able to fly the US borders are still closed to international guests ? What’s everyone’s guess ...
sparkledust14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Disney are opening later than I thought. After Universal's announcement I thought July 1st at the latest, but it is what it is. I am glad we moved our reservation to August now.

I think it makes sense for Disney - they have so much to open and so many more employees and hotels and operations than others.

Bob Chapek did an interview afterwards and he said Disney would only open if they felt it was economically positive - so maybe that means they may know more information about when boarders may open (not just us, but Canada, Mexico, Europe etc)

I'm glad we have a resort reservation with the announcement too - that's made me feel better.

I'm hoping that actually it's not all massively restrictive as I imagine many will cancel with no fireworks, parades or meet and greets - so it might be quite adult centred.

To be honest that suits us - we love rides and food and we've been numerous times, but not great for 1st timers.

Just need those flights now!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparkledust14 View Post
Yes but will you be able to fly the US borders are still closed to international guests ? What’s everyone’s guess ...
Because nobody knows, other countries are beginning to open up borders, cases are decreasing, it’s still 2 months away and this is a positivity thread I’m going to guess - YES 😃👍
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyhm View Post
Ooh where does it say that?
There was more information provided on the Disney Parks blog. Added to the fact they are not selling any further tickets or hotel packages at the moment I would hope it would mean they’re going to give first priority for the new reservation system to all who have booked up already (see, it pays to plan & be super-organised &#128521...
Old 27 May 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disneyhm View Post
Ooh where does it say that?
See here https://thedibb.com/2020/05/walt-dis...d-19-closures/
Old 27 May 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparkledust14 View Post
My guess: Maybe the Autumn. And I feel that that IS a positive guess...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Will also be interesting if they give any details about extra events like MNSSHP. A massive selling point of this is the Parade, shows and fireworks