Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 May 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
CavySlave
Helping Donald

Mobile

I Was trying to hold out, given August is still 3 months away but I think I am going to give up and try and postpone to 2021 now. Just waiting on being able to deal with postponing the flights. (End of June)
CavySlave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Got flights booked at the end of August (VA). Had we might as well hold on for now and see what happens? Or is there any advantage in rebooking now, say for early next year?
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Please please keep this positive peeps! There are plenty of other threads for those wanting to be political or negative or simply to feel better about their decision to cancel. Or you can start a new thread?

This thread is for those who want and choose to stay positive. I remain positive our holiday in August will happen, albeit with some adjustments. I’m not naive - I watch the news, do my reading and read the “negative” posts - but I choose to remain positive until there’s no option but to cancel.

Here’s to my fellow dibbers trying to keep this post positive 🙌👏🤞
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
Please please keep this positive peeps! There are plenty of other threads for those wanting to be political or negative or simply to feel better about their decision to cancel. Or you can start a new thread?

This thread is for those who want and choose to stay positive. I remain positive our holiday in August will happen, albeit with some adjustments. I’m not naive - I watch the news, do my reading and read the “negative” posts - but I choose to remain positive until there’s no option but to cancel.

Here’s to my fellow dibbers trying to keep this post positive 🙌👏🤞
Totally agree,this thread has really helped me in remaining upbeat during these times.Please keep it this way.There are plenty of other threads to discuss political views,infection rates etc
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Apologies for any negative comments I may have made. I can’t honestly say that I hope you all get to keep your August holidays in my country as things now stand, but I 100% hope everything changes before then so that you can.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Our booking isn’t until May 2021 but I love coming on & reading this thread. Selfishly I’m praying you all get your August trips, not just because I’ll know for sure we have a decent chance of ours next year, but mostly because I can read all the trip reports & see my happy place come back to life xx
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Official positive news - "We will have a summer tourist season". Not for the USA but a good start.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TerryYa View Post
Official positive news - "We will have a summer tourist season". Not for the USA but a good start.
Aww that is positive news! 👍🏼

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Most gratifying part of that article is that the EU has not deviated from "You are still entitled to a cash refund" if your holiday does not go ahead.

They have not sanctioned "The Great Voucher Rip Off" the holiday providers and airlines have been trying to foist upon us.
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Anybody else watch ‘WDW News Today’ on YouTube?
Just watched yesterdays update and it really gave me positive vibes!

Was good to see the procedures they have in place for Shanghai, and Hong Kong looks set to reopen very soon.

Link if anyone is interested

Edited at 03:14 PM.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List