Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Nov 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I think if you were planning to stay in a hotel, you could easily wait until say the new year and see how things are as hotels are generally quite easy to move. I am just wondering about whether you would have that flexibility with a villa booking though and that at this point you don’t have one. I think that would possibly make me decide to push it out to say September as April seems like an outside chance and I wouldn’t want to be left trying to negotiate a move with a villa owner.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_chief
Helping Minnie

We were going 15th March 2021 but have just moved it to October as BA flights have just been released. We usually go every year for Easter so looking forward to seeing what Halloween time has to offer.
miss_chief is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

We are booked for end of March, I'm going to keep the booking for now, I'm vaguely optimistic
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Not sure what to do re park tickets though.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
princess10
Swimming at the All Star Resort

We were originally booked for march 2020. We then moved to October and then to 5th April 2021. We were beginning to lose hope about April so booked another Orlando trip for August. We were thinking if April fails we have a back up to look forward too and if it doesn't we could settle for two Orlando trips 😉
A couple of days after booking the August trip virgin changed our outbound indirect flights. They added another stop which included a connection we couldn't make. This gave us the right to ask for a refund which after a long and painful discussion we decided to go for. As much as we wanted April to happen we really didn't think it would.
Fingers are now crossed for August 🤞. Good luck everyone, hope you all get your holidays eventually and sooner rather than later
princess10 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for all your replies

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think if you were planning to stay in a hotel, you could easily wait until say the new year and see how things are as hotels are generally quite easy to move. I am just wondering about whether you would have that flexibility with a villa booking though and that at this point you don’t have one. I think that would possibly make me decide to push it out to say September as April seems like an outside chance and I wouldn’t want to be left trying to negotiate a move with a villa owner.
We were hoping to book a villa. Luckily we received a full refund from the one booked for April 2020 but I am holding off rebooking for now as i think we were very lucky to receive our money back. We are open to booking a hotel if needed so just playing this one by ear.

Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
Not sure what to do re park tickets though.
Have you booked your park days? or have they stopped doing that now?

Originally Posted by princess10 View Post
We were originally booked for march 2020. We then moved to October and then to 5th April 2021. We were beginning to lose hope about April so booked another Orlando trip for August. We were thinking if April fails we have a back up to look forward too and if it doesn't we could settle for two Orlando trips 😉
A couple of days after booking the August trip virgin changed our outbound indirect flights. They added another stop which included a connection we couldn't make. This gave us the right to ask for a refund which after a long and painful discussion we decided to go for. As much as we wanted April to happen we really didn't think it would.
Fingers are now crossed for August 🤞. Good luck everyone, hope you all get your holidays eventually and sooner rather than later
sounds exactly like us! We initially moved to oct but quickly changed to april 2021. We were so certain back then it would happen. I would love to book a reserve date in but I just dont have enough holidays to book in as we are going away Christmas 2021
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pdw8
Trying for More Ears

We are still hopeful for April, booked in January with BA Holidays (flight and car) and only paid £200 so far. Villa also booked on a refundable basis and we bought park tickets direct from Disney.
Fingers crossed we still go!
pdw8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

We are also still waiting it out.
If not we are rebooking for Oct.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

I'm also booked for April 21 after having to cancel Sept this year.

The owners of the villa we had booked have had to sell, refunded us no problem but we have booked a hotel.

As someone said earlier it's easier to change a hotel if needed.

I would say I'm hopeful for April but not totally confident.
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
We are also still waiting it out.
If not we are rebooking for Oct.
Exactly the same as me.
I will wait until a lot nearer the time.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List