Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 19

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 134
Yay! New Food Report
That 'fun size' bag of chips is HUGE! loves it!
Jen xx
Jnyfrk8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Do love a good food report, great start look forward to more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great start, always love a food report! X
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Thanks guys!

On day two we had breakfast in the room, just had fruit and yoghurts etc before heading to Universal Studios and straight to Gringotts. Unfortunately the queue was nearly two hours long so we hopped on the Hogwarts Express and headed to Forbidden Journey which was only 20 mins but Missy and Matilda were still too short. They were when they were 7 in Nov 2012, and they don't appear to have grown much!

After a wander around and a butterbeer we were hungry. We walked out of Hogsmeade looking for something and looked at some of the counter service places but didn't fancy it. It was so hot too! So we walked into Mythos and asked for a table and got one straight away.

We were given bread to start us off

I had the Pad Thai which was noodles in a peanut sauce, with vegetables and crispy bits on top. It was delicious! I'd defo have this again!

Matt had the roast beef panini

Dad had the wild mushroom meatloaf

And Mam had the pasta of the day.

The girls had the kids' chicken goujons. I should point out that the girls eat a lot of these/nuggets/chicken strips over the holiday! They're not particularly fussy eaters, but neither is mad on fish and they'll tend to choose chicken a lot! At home I'd be making sure they had different things and they'd have pasta etc, but they won't eat the cheese sauces in America so be prepared for a lot of nugget photos!

We really liked it in here! I'd make sure we went back next time (cough) that we go. It was cold though, which was weird to complain about as we'd been baking outside.

We were planning to go to the Cheesecake Factory tonight, but after having a big meal we weren't so sure. Well, some of us weren't. I however, wanted cheesecake. So we decided to get a take out from there and then we would be able to share and not feel like we had to order a meal each.

They'd asked if we wanted some of their delicious treacle bread to take with us free. As we'd had second helping of this on our last visit, yes we did!

Matt got the cashew chicken salad

I got a cheese pizza

and there was lots more but I'm afraid that's all I photo'd individually. The girls had sliders which you can make out in the table picture. But here are some cheesecake photos to make up for it:

Lemon raspberry cheesecake

Chocolate mousse cheesecake

Pineapple upside down cheesecake

Chris' outrageous cheesecake (my choice - soooo good!)

Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great start
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Off to Cheesecake factory later this week.
Great good report.
Old 5 Sep 14, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Cheesecake was my breakfast the next day, as I didn't finish it all!

We went to Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch, which was a really good counter service meal. I only got a photo of my pizza here which was huge and tasty, and I'd already taken a bite before putting it back together for a photo. We got a meal here, a pud and we were able to refill our drinks too.

We had dinner at Akershus in Epcot. We got two printed photos with Belle because there were 6 of us, but we got them on our memory maker too. The starter is a cold buffet here, there's salad and meats/fish and cheese to choose from. We helped ourselves to this and waited for the princesses to come around and the girls took part in the parade.

I always have the only veggie option here; the mushroom ravioli. I really enjoy this though. It doesn't look like there's much of it but it's quite rich and filling.

Dad had the Traditional Kjøttkake, which seems to be meatballs!

The girls both had the chicken breast and wedges. They weren't too keen on the wedges but were happy with the chicken.

Matt had Braised Beef Short Ribs

And I've no idea what Mam had, sorry!

We got two of the dessert sharing platters which was a chocolatey mousse type cake, apple cake and rice pudding. Nice to have a bit of each.

Edited at 03:02 PM.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 14, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

lovely report - looking forward trying wolfgang express. And reading more of your report - thanks for sharing it with us
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 14, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great report so far! Looking forward to the rest x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List