Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Jan 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Booking a cruise

We're hoping to book a 3/4 night cruise out of Port Canaveral for June. What is the best online website to book through for price, value, service etc? There are so many... We're not looking at going Disney Cruise Line as we've done that before and want to try a different one. Last time I booked through smartcruiser but it was a good few years ago now. Any thoughts on booking websites and cruiselines themselves would be most appreciated as I'm looking to book soon as we have our flights booked.

Edited at 01:10 PM. Reason: Wrong port
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazeroo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We booked with RCCL - did a 4 day Bahama cruise while we were there - tagged it on at the end - it was fabulous.
Kazeroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh that's good to know, I've been looking at them! Thanks! 😄
Old 30 Jan 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

I was looking into this myself a few weeks ago. We actually wanted to do a Disney one as we've never been with them but they don't seem to do the short cruises in June.

We then looked at RC but somebody mentioned it was a bit like a booze cruise and it put me off. I'll follow the thread to see if you get any other advice as I was really keen having done RCL last year in Europe.
Old 30 Jan 17, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazeroo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
I was looking into this myself a few weeks ago. We actually wanted to do a Disney one as we've never been with them but they don't seem to do the short cruises in June.

We then looked at RC but somebody mentioned it was a bit like a booze cruise and it put me off. I'll follow the thread to see if you get any other advice as I was really keen having done RCL last year in Europe.
It definitely didn't feel like a booze cruise to me...although probably the bigger all singing all dancing ships may have this reputation. We loved it...was a fantastic ending to an already wonderful holiday. At the time there was me DH, DS (15) and DD (7) and I can honestly say even the kids loved it - they made so many friends.
Kazeroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

Originally Posted by karenpowley View Post
It definitely didn't feel like a booze cruise to me...although probably the bigger all singing all dancing ships may have this reputation. We loved it...was a fantastic ending to an already wonderful holiday. At the time there was me DH, DS (15) and DD (7) and I can honestly say even the kids loved it - they made so many friends.
I hope you are right as I would love to do one (and have $900 of RCL vouchers burning a hole).

This was the response I had:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=998950
Old 31 Jan 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Well we've bitten the bullet and booked a 3 day cruise with RCL! I booked through smartcruiser because we used them before and it worked out well. Can't wait now...
Old 31 Jan 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazeroo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scooobydooo View Post
Well we've bitten the bullet and booked a 3 day cruise with RCL! I booked through smartcruiser because we used them before and it worked out well. Can't wait now...
I'm sure you'll love it! We did ...it was our first one and converted us! We went on the Monarch of the seas at the time! Just make the most of it! Enjoy - well jel! X
Old 31 Jan 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazeroo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
I hope you are right as I would love to do one (and have $900 of RCL vouchers burning a hole).

This was the response I had:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=998950
Ooh some of those seem quite harsh don't they...you have to go with an open mind when visiting different islands- yes they have a different way of life - but that's it. The booze thing I still think is more on the bigger ships that are Europe bound. I can honestly say it didn't have that vibe when we went - but only you can decide if you want to go - although I'm sure you'd love it! 😉