Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

Disney cruise booking help

Hi all
We have been on a Disney cruise before in 2015 which we booked through a U.K. Travel agent.
I have seen that lots of people book through US agents for deals and OBC.
As the $ rate isn't favourable at the moment are we better off just booking ourselves on the DCL site or can anyone offer us any advice on the best way to book for next year.

Many thanks

3 Kids hit Disney 2007 Trippie Index

3 Kids and a 40th at My Castle - Pre trippie
DizneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

I am currently looking at this too ... Although the pound is weaker you still get £1.20 or slightly more for every $. I've asked for some us quotes and will look at the difference... maybe try and get a us quote?
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I had a cruise last year I paid off after the brexit crash (as I call it) and I worked out with the OBC I probably ended up about £50 at most out of pocket. I had already purchased so no chance of changing but if I was looking now I would be checking whether 1.2 probably on the price to convert would mean I'd be paying more. You might find you break even but then you have less to spend onboard. For example if price is $3000 with TA and you get $200 OBC then in reality the price is approximately £2667 (3200/1.2). If the UK price is significantly less than this I would probably go with it but if it was close I would risk it as rate may improve
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

Thanks guys any suggestions for a US TA to ask for quotes?

DizneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DizneyBlonde View Post
Thanks guys any suggestions for a US TA to ask for quotes?
Dizzy blonde look for my previous post about getting a us quote!
I asked last night
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

Thank you!

Old 26 Feb 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

I have used a US travel agent before, the price was the same as booking direct with DCL but they offered a better on board credit.

I usually book when we are on board a cruise, at least a placeholder, but I wanted to book the new itinerary when it came out last week and I'm not due to cruise until August. So I contacted a travel agent that my friend had used and she has been brilliant to deal with. I messaged her on Facebook on friday evening, she responded very quickly answering all my questions. I emailed her our details Friday evening and I got an email early saturday afternoon with the cruise booking confirmation and a request to pay the deposit via a secure link. I logged onto my DCL account and added the booking reference and was able to add special requests, great experience so far and she was able to provide an on board credit that I wouldn't have gotten direct with Disney. The amount depends on the sailing date & category I believe. I don't want to advertise her details here but if you are interested then let me know and I can PM you.

Alba
2018 Dubai, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, B2B Disney Cruise
2019 California Tour & Disneyland, DCL Med Cruise, Dubai, New York
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

Yes please Alba I'd like to compare the DCL price with a US TA.

Thank you

Old 26 Feb 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mertin
Imagineer

I've taken the plunge and booked in GBP. I looked at the USD alternative, and OBC would've save 'a few' quid, but fear I'd lose that before it's payed off.

I spoke to our Financial Director at work before booking He says there's talk amongst the banks of 1:1 rate happening, although no-one really has a clue what's going to happen!
2022 - BLT, Disney Fantasy; BLT Disney Dream
DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower
mertin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mertin View Post
I've taken the plunge and booked in GBP. I looked at the USD alternative, and OBC would've save 'a few' quid, but fear I'd lose that before it's payed off.

I spoke to our Financial Director at work before booking He says there's talk amongst the banks of 1:1 rate happening, although no-one really has a clue what's going to happen!

This is my fear.It'll just be interesting to see the difference (if any/much) before I take the plunge and pay the deposit on the stateroom we have reserved.