Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 17, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

The inside cabins on DCL are really well laid out and more spacious than you'd imagine.

We first cruised on NCL, balcony, seven night cruise. Wish we'd saved our money as we hardly used the balcony at all really.

We then cruised on two separate occasions with DCL, four nights each time, inside room.

I probably would not pay extra for a balcony again.
Old 24 Feb 17, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We are going on our first cruise this year and have booked an inside cabin. I do get a little claustrophobic in total darkness, and I am thinking of taking some sort of nightlight - anyone done that?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We had an inside cabin on a Thomson cruise and even though I do have a degree of claustrophobia it wasn't too bad. I kept the tv on with the webcam from outside which strangely helped ! This time we have booked an inside (obviously down to price) but on the harmony of the seas and this one looks out on to the shops promenade. I am a little concerned about noise but at least there will be a window wth some light in the cabin
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We are going on our first cruise this year and have booked an inside cabin. I do get a little claustrophobic in total darkness, and I am thinking of taking some sort of nightlight - anyone done that?
When we went on the Magic a couple of years ago, we were in an inside cabin, and we took one of the little plug-in night lights, it takes the edge off the darkness. Sorry not techy enough to do links, but you can get them on Amazon etc.
Old 25 Feb 17, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have had balconies, outside and inside cabins and I would happily do either again. The only problem with our inside on the NCL jade was the noise when other cabins flushed the toilet, I am a deep sleeper but it woke me with a jump! on the Magic we had an ocean i.e. we which was lovely and then we have had balconies on RCL and NCL which we loved for siting with a glass of wine for sail away but both agreed that if the price between an ocean view and a balcony was too much it really wasn't worth the extra for the amount we used it.
We have a balcony booked for a Caribbean cruise on the NCL gem next year but both of my sister and their families have booked insides.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

We had an inside on our Disney Magic Med cruise and agree it was spacious, double bed at one end behind a curtain and then desk, coffee table and sofa which converted to a single bed at the other end.
We only used it for sleeping and getting changed so like only being in a hotel room after dark or with curtains closed for privacy. TV on web cam or a night light can be left on, we also left the bathroom light on occasionally.
In process of doing a trip report for this but only have this picture of the cabin and the bed.

I've had a inside cabin on lots of different cruises but am really excited as have a balcony on Anthem of the Seas this summer as insides all booked and not many outsides so cost of balcony wasn't much more. It will be interesting to see how much I use it.

Gillian.
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks everyone for the helpful replies!
That bed looks seriously comfortable Sotong! I've had a look at the cabin layouts and they do look really spacious (my only experience till now was my friends interior cabin on Carnival Victory which was tiny!)
Soooo, I've gone ahead and put a hold on interconnecting Deluxe Interior staterooms on the Magic next year I am having a small heart attack at the cost but it's mine and the husband's 'big birthdays' next year so I'm justifying it as a special treat

This totally changes our holiday plans next year and may mean we have DVC points to rent so that will definitely help with the cost!

Can't wait to throw myself into a whole new world of Disney planning
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lass1308
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We love the inside cabins. Plenty of space - I think square footage within the cabins are all nearly the same (aside from concierge). The square footage listed, I have heard, includes veranda, so most cabins are similar size, just slightly different layouts. Also, I like to have complete control over light levels, so inside is perfect. An ocean view would be a waste money for me, as I would probably keep the curtain closed.
lass1308 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List