Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Apr 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
To be fair the system I used to use with Alamo would only capture the first initial even though the customer had entered their full first name. Then over night Alamo changed their OLCI to requiring a full first name to be entered... It meant I had to amend everyones booking! That was 18 to 24 months ago though so you'd think that TC would have updated their system by now.
Thank you, I've had a response from Alamo confirming that only TC can amend our booking so I've forwarded this to TC and they've said they'll look into it and get back to me. I'll just keep on and on at them lol!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dippy lippy
Excited about Disney

OP here. Thank you all for helpful replies. Will let you know how we get on with it ourselves. Waiting to contact TC tomorrow.

princess ariel, please let me know how you get on.
Many thanks
dippy lippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dippy lippy View Post
OP here. Thank you all for helpful replies. Will let you know how we get on with it ourselves. Waiting to contact TC tomorrow.

princess ariel, please let me know how you get on.
Many thanks
Absolute nightmare! Spoken to TC three times on the phone today, first of all he tried telling me they had made the booking with the first name but Alamo only use the first initial, then he said he didn't think we could do OLCI because we'd booked through a 3rd party but would check with Alamo.
TC then phoned me back to say they'd tried spoken to Alamo who had confirmed that now bookings made through a 3rd party can complete OLCI! He said TC had tried to access my reservation and had been able to with no problem-I explained the issue wasn't accessing the reservation but completing the OLCI! He said he would speak to Alamo.
Third phone call from TC- he had spoken to Alamo and they were saying it shouldn't be an issue with just the first initial - I explained yet again that it obviously was an issue because we couldn't do it! So in the words of the TC customer service advisor 'I'm being passed from pillar to post through Alamo because its bank holiday so I will try and contact them again tomorrow and rectify this'! So we are still waiting for it to be sorted 😫
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Do you want to send me a PM with your Alamo booking ref number and i'll see if I can resolve it tomorrow. No promises though as they may realise it has nothing to do with me.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you want to send me a PM with your Alamo booking ref number and i'll see if I can resolve it tomorrow. No promises though as they may realise it has nothing to do with me.
Oh thank you so so much that would be great
Old 18 Apr 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Just had a message from TC- they have completely backtracked and are now stating we cannot do OLCI because we booked through them! If I ask them to cancel the car hire do you think they'll refund me the cost of the gold insurance? And will they try and charge me for cancelling it?
Old 18 Apr 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

All TC have done is spoken to Alamo... Alamo staff are programmed to say the OLCI is not available to people who book through 3rd party companies... which is clearly wrong.

All TC have to do is alter the first name on the reservation with Alamo. Its really not difficult.

I would take a look and see how much the same vehicle is through a different company offering Alamo and then see how much of a refund you can get through the incompetent TC. Feel free to send me a message with your requirements and i'll see what I can do for you.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

All TC have done is spoken to Alamo... Alamo staff are programmed to say the OLCI is not available to people who book through 3rd party companies... which is clearly wrong.

All TC have to do is alter the first name on the reservation with Alamo. Its really not difficult.

I would take a look and see how much the same vehicle is through a different company offering Alamo and then see how much of a refund you can get through the incompetent TC. Feel free to send me a message with your requirements and i'll see what I can do for you.
I've messaged you, thank you
Old 12 Jun 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi, can I ask if you got anywhere with this? I am having the same problem. Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List