Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Apr 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Collecting car early with Avis

We have had a flight change and we were due to arrive at MCO at 9.00pm but AA have now put us on the earlier flight from PHL and we now arrive at 6.07pm. I have booked the car through BA for collection at 9.20pm so I have just phoned them and to change it to collect at 6.30pm there would be an extra charge of £61 including amendment fee.

What I was wondering was how early do you think I would be able to collect the car without changing the time. When we return the car we are dropping it off at 2.30pm so wouldn't be going into extra days by collecting early. My thinking is if we would be able to wait an hour or so and then get the car I would save the £61 and we would get a meal in the airport with the money as we need to eat anyway.

Has anyone had any experience of this. Thanks.
Old 20 Apr 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mickchick
Imagineer

mickchick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The pick-up time you give them is only a guide. There is not a car actually put aside in your name and for your booked time - every rental starts from the actual time you pick the car up, not the time you booked it for. So there would be no need for you to notify them of your early pick-up as it makes no difference to the length of the rental. If you do want to amend it, you should be able to do this online, but there is really no need.
mickchick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We once arrived maybe 3 hours early...sorry cant remember which rental company and didnt think to tell them. It was not an issue at all and was not even mentioned. We just made sure we took it back earlier thats all.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickchick View Post
The pick-up time you give them is only a guide. There is not a car actually put aside in your name and for your booked time - every rental starts from the actual time you pick the car up, not the time you booked it for. So there would be no need for you to notify them of your early pick-up as it makes no difference to the length of the rental. If you do want to amend it, you should be able to do this online, but there is really no need.
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
We once arrived maybe 3 hours early...sorry cant remember which rental company and didnt think to tell them. It was not an issue at all and was not even mentioned. We just made sure we took it back earlier thats all.
Thank you both, I will leave the booking as it is.