Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Apr 07, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyorefan View Post
Hi Jan,

Have never thought of taking alchohol in disguise before I'm sure we brought alchohol aboard from St Martin, the Guavaberry local stuff, we didn't hide it and it went through the x-ray machine fine, it was in a box and clearly advertised the contents.
We bought some bottles of wine from the Publix (just off the main route just, before getting to the port). We didn't disguise it either ... I think its one of those things like taking your own food to the Parks... Disney does not condone or encourage it...but they don't take action it over it either, as long as you are not doing it 'in their face' so to speak.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 07, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 'Official' Birnbaums DCL 2007 guide lists one of it's 'Hot Tips' as

"you can bring your own (unopened) bottle of wine to dinner. A $15 corkage charge will be added to your shipboard account for each bottle that was not purchased onboard"

I would guess that Disney must therefore condone bringing your own alcohol on board - just make sure they don't charge you corkage for having it in your stateroom LOL!
Old 29 Apr 07, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue F View Post
The 'Official' Birnbaums DCL 2007 guide lists one of it's 'Hot Tips' as

"you can bring your own (unopened) bottle of wine to dinner. A $15 corkage charge will be added to your shipboard account for each bottle that was not purchased onboard"

I would guess that Disney must therefore condone bringing your own alcohol on board - just make sure they don't charge you corkage for having it in your stateroom LOL!
That's a good point Sue.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 07, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
Great thread!

Mandy - is it really only a couple of dollars for laundry? That would be great for DH, as he tends to wear loose shirts rather than t-shirts, and they always crease in the case. How long does it take to get them back?

yep, we got Mark's shirts laundered when we first got on board and they were all back the next day looking beautiful! No point ironing them beforehand only to have them all creased again when you open the cases! Its a wonderful service and a really good tip we feel

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I'm not a seasoned cruiser and have never used DCL. But - do they have a wine package? - if you're into wine with a meal. Possibly not for a short cruise. Our Alaska cruise was for 7 nights with Holland America and our Med cruise is for 13 nights with RCI. Both hhad/have wine packages. The package for the Med cruise works out to 15% cheaper than buying bottles on their own.

Also along the alcohol line, most cruise lines do not allow passengers to take on board their own liquor. However, I have read on other forums of passengers taking liquor on board disguised in lemonade-type bottles for consumption in their own cabins. Personally I don't think it's worth it but have to say that our bags have never been checked when we have boarded the ships.

There is a wine package Jan, we've done it on a previous cruise and it works out ok. We also took some of our own wine this time and just paid the $15 corkage as it was still much cheaper than buying some of their wine on board. Lots of people take their own alcohol by the way...we saw one guy with a crate of beers going onboard!
Old 14 May 07, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread