Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 07, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Anyone have a view as to how this compares with Discovery Cove value, for money and experience wise ?

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 07, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jentill View Post
I've just had another look on the Disney Cruise website and the only packages they offer are the 'Observer' and 'Encounter' but there is no mention of the 'Swim'. Not sure if I am just not seeing it.
I can only guess it's because the numbers that can swim are quite limited and might be quite hard for Dolphin Encounters to manage throught Disney. It's also possible that Disney buys the other packages at big discounts which maybe are not available on the swim packages (as they can be sold at full price).
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 07, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneydreamer View Post
Hi there

I asked DCL this a while back regarding swim with dolphins this is the answer I got

Also, on the Nassau Dolphin Encounter, you do enter the water with the
dolphins. On this excursion, Guests are provided an approximate
30-minute educational orientation. Then, Guests stand on a platform,
which is approximately 3 feet below the water for approximately 12 - 15
minutes. The encounter includes a kiss, hug, as well as the opportunity
to touch and feed the dolphins for approximately 5 - 8 minutes.

My understanding is that you do not actually "swim" with them like you do at Discovery Cove.Jackie
Hi we went there last year for DD's 15th birthday when we stayed at Paradise Island. There are 2 different programs, there is the encounter where you stand on a platform about waist deep where the dolphin comes and interacts with you. DD did the dolphin swim for her birthday, there are about 10 in a group. After you watch a video and they explain what will be happening during your swim or encounter you get changed and put on your lifevest. During the swim you tread water while the dolphin kisses , huggs, dances with everyone in the group. Then at the end the dolphin pushes everone by the feet across the water (just like shamu)
We have done DC as well and i would say this swim was better than the one at DC. ( just my personal opinion)
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 07, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdybnsn View Post
Anyone have a view as to how this compares with Discovery Cove value, for money and experience wise ?
Hi jdybnsn

DD said that the dolpin swim was better at Dolphin Encounters than it was at DC. I took a video of her swim and i would say it was better than DC. I paid $180 (£100) for her swim and for me to observe, well worth the money. We did DC 5 years ago and to be honest i think DC was good value for your money, because its a relaxing day out plus your 7day access to SW.
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 07, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tiniegil
Imagineer

I cant compare the 2 because we have not done DC I would only say that DE just seemed a bit more natural and the setting is terrific ! plus the cost when we did our was excellent. We did not swim with the dolphins we got about waist deep our DD was

Need a new Florrie date pleasy muchily
tiniegil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 07, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread