Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 May 13, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Cruising Question

only 95 days now to our first ever (Disney) Cruise & can't wait
I believe we can book our embarkation slot from 75 days out (1st June) but would really like to get an as early as possible slot so from what time in the morning can we do this ?
from previous advice on the dibb we are not looking to do any excursions apart from Castaway Cay just to enjoy what the Ship has to offer & look at the Atlantis hotel from a distance. Are there any other must do's on a three day bahamian cruise on the dream

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post

When you complete your olci you tick a box that has time slots for turning up at the port. Just tick an early slot. If you get there for a ten o'clock slot , for example, you might get a No. 2 boarding pass, which is the first to board after the platinum and concierge cruisers. Then again, you might not! It's a bit of a lottery. Whatever, they don't start boarding until 12 pm anyway, so you can be sat about for a while, although there are character meets off and on, so a little bit to amuse you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Maza View Post
When you complete your olci you tick a box that has time slots for turning up at the port. Just tick an early slot. If you get there for a ten o'clock slot , for example, you might get a No. 2 boarding pass, which is the first to board after the platinum and concierge cruisers. Then again, you might not! It's a bit of a lottery. Whatever, they don't start boarding until 12 pm anyway, so you can be sat about for a while, although there are character meets off and on, so a little bit to amuse you.
Thank You

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

must do's on a 3 night cruise

well you plan to get onboard as soon as so that's the first ticked off

there's sooo much to do here's some of my favourites

enjoy the pool with the kiddies, if they are tall enough ride that slide if not watch in delight as they enojoy that fun toddler splash zone

be swept away with the sail away party, the characters are there, kids and adults will be given coloured streamers to dance with, the staff come out with mickey hands to wave you off from the terminal and do listen out for the ships horn ~ it's a magical moment for your first ever sailaway

the food ~ enjoy the food

there's a lot of fun to be had in those kiddie clubs but equally there's planty of family fun to be had, be sure to check out the midship detective agency

the food, did i mention the food ?

another must do is pirate night, what with fireworks and general mayhem at sea but not too worry these pesky pirates aint taking over there's cpt mickey to save the day, this is great great fun and starts at dinner with a special menu and your servers dressed up and you can too if you wish, your room host will leave bandanas in your room during the afternoon

once again my mind is drifting back to the food it's that soft serve ice cream machine and those pizza and chicken tenders on the pool deck that are so tempting

see the shows because they are magical, dreamy and will bring the a happy tear to your eyes

the paradise island that is castaway cay, it's one of those places where you get to 4pm you start to think do i really have to leave ?, i asked once if anyone has tried to stay and the ships officer laughed and said that's why we scan your room cards on and off the ship, it's to make sure we leave nobody behind and despite asking a few times at work royal mail just won't transfer my husband to THAT post office

if you get the time spoil yourself a little in the rainforest room or in the spa

talk to your server/ room host and get to know him/ her, these are the people who add extra magic to your cruise getting to know them just a little can make a big difference to the whole cruise experience

and my final must do would be to cuiddle up under the stars with other half and the little ones watch a movie on the big funnel vision screen with a hot chocolate and some cookies, we did this the first cruise all the time telling myself this wasn't the start of another beautiful disney addiction

Edited at 12:01 PM.
Old 12 May 13, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

I am afraid it is an addiction with no known cure
b
Old 12 May 13, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We always take a bag of British sweets for our stateroom host .. They always go down well. Favourites seem to be jelly babies!

Enjoy!

Edited at 09:34 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mazz View Post
must do's on a 3 night cruise

well you plan to get onboard as soon as so that's the first ticked off

there's sooo much to do here's some of my favourites

enjoy the pool with the kiddies, if they are tall enough ride that slide if not watch in delight as they enojoy that fun toddler splash zone

be swept away with the sail away party, the characters are there, kids and adults will be given coloured streamers to dance with, the staff come out with mickey hands to wave you off from the terminal and do listen out for the ships horn ~ it's a magical moment for your first ever sailaway

the food ~ enjoy the food

there's a lot of fun to be had in those kiddie clubs but equally there's planty of family fun to be had, be sure to check out the midship detective agency

the food, did i mention the food ?

another must do is pirate night, what with fireworks and general mayhem at sea but not too worry these pesky pirates aint taking over there's cpt mickey to save the day, this is great great fun and starts at dinner with a special menu and your servers dressed up and you can too if you wish, your room host will leave bandanas in your room during the afternoon

once again my mind is drifting back to the food it's that soft serve ice cream machine and those pizza and chicken tenders on the pool deck that are so tempting

see the shows because they are magical, dreamy and will bring the a happy tear to your eyes

the paradise island that is castaway cay, it's one of those places where you get to 4pm you start to think do i really have to leave ?, i asked once if anyone has tried to stay and the ships officer laughed and said that's why we scan your room cards on and off the ship, it's to make sure we leave nobody behind and despite asking a few times at work royal mail just won't transfer my husband to THAT post office

if you get the time spoil yourself a little in the rainforest room or in the spa

talk to your server/ room host and get to know him/ her, these are the people who add extra magic to your cruise getting to know them just a little can make a big difference to the whole cruise experience

and my final must do would be to cuiddle up under the stars with other half and the little ones watch a movie on the big funnel vision screen with a hot chocolate and some cookies, we did this the first cruise all the time telling myself this wasn't the start of another beautiful disney addiction
Thank you for all your tips and advice

Paul
Old 14 May 13, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ReadyToBurst
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
We always take a bag of British sweets for our stateroom host .. They always go down well. Favourites seem to be jelly babies!

Enjoy!
Nice tip. We normally take bits we've travelled with and keave them too. They must have more bits and bobs of shampoo etc than anywhere else in the world.
WDW: Aug 1995 All Star Sports / Aug 1997 I Drive / Sept 2008 POFQ / Sept 2009 Beach Club DLP: May 2002 Santa Fe / Dec 02,03,04,05,06, 09, Jun 10 and Feb 13 Sequioa Lodge / Dec 10 Disneyland Hotel Disney Cruise: Sept 2010, July 2011 / June 2013 Disney Magic - Med, first trip without mum
ReadyToBurst is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread