Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Feb 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Bahamas Cruise - Royal Caribbean - Advice on drinks

Booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean. Looking at drinks packages and excursions. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Edited at 09:37 AM.
Team Jeans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Have edited your title to show that it's a RC sailing as it may attract people who have sailed with them before.
Joa
Old 7 Feb 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Also interested I can't see the deluxe package working for me it's too exepensive unless I become a raging alco and drink 3 cocktails a day
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Have edited your title to show that it's a RC sailing as it may attract people who have sailed with them before.
Joa
Thanks
Old 7 Feb 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Also interested I can't see the deluxe package working for me it's too exepensive unless I become a raging alco and drink 3 cocktails a day
Tempting! I love getting value for money.
Old 7 Feb 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

We've just come back from a royal Caribbean cruise and I had the deluxe drinks package. I already had the old select drinks package included so paid an extra $10 a day to upgrade and it was well worth it!. Every named branded drink was available. I had baileys most nights and some lovely prosecco
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

We got a free package for our transatlantic cruise and we got our moneys worth even though we aren't really drinkers.The cocktails are expensive at $12 and wine and beer about $8 .If you do buy it you can certainly get your moneys worth,if you don't you can manage to spend less if you want to .We found we had a drink sometimes when we wouldn't if we had been buying.
Old 7 Feb 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We got deluxe drinks package for our cruise in July included in the deal as well as internet, we've had drinks packages before and paid for them and for us, whilst not raging alcoholics we do like to have a drink or 2 on hols and they've always worked out worth it for us.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Package also includes soda, posh coffee and bottled water, this may change your view of whether it's worth it.
Watch for a sale on the price which differs from sailing to sailing, there is currently 20% off for some people. $40 to $45 inc 18% tip seems to be best price I've seen on forums!
Cost of drinks above $12 for cocktails and $8 for beer is excluding the 18% tip.

Hope that helps! I'm sailing on anthem this summer to Bermuda and beyond but have sailed on Royal Caribbean and other ships in the past, if any more questions.

Gillian.
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Thank you all for your replies. The price is currently £40 each per day - do you think we would be best to buy on board, or before we go.? Would we still have to pay gratuities per drink if we bought it?

Also excursions. Are we best booking through Royal Caribbean, or just jumping at taxi at Nassau? Think we may look to visit Atlantis, which is £23pp

TIA