Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Mar 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile Castaway club member but rest of family are not.

Hi all,
We have just booked a 3 nights on Disney dream for Aug 2018.
I have been once before ( so have a castaway club number) but the rest of my family haven't.
Will this effect us checking in or being able to book things at 90 days?
I know the gift is one per state room so this won't effect us.
Thank you😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Mobile

We are all castaway club members and when DDs boyfriend came with us for his first cruise he was made a silver member automatically so he was able to check in with us.
Old 6 Mar 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Its based on the highest level in the stateroom so assuming you are all in one stateroom then yes your castaway level will count for everyone in terms of online checkin and port check in
Old 6 Mar 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you both so much, that's really good to know😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
We are all castaway club members and when DDs boyfriend came with us for his first cruise he was made a silver member automatically so he was able to check in with us.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but he wasn't made a silver member. It goes on the highest member of that stateroom, so if you had been platinum, you would have been able to check everyone in from that stateroom at 120 days prior.

People only reach castaway status's by sailing (and spending lots of pennies)!
Old 6 Mar 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Sorry to hijack but I was just coming on to ask a similar question.

We are travelling with my in laws. We are silver members but they havent cruised before - we have seperate staterooms.

How does it work with PAT, checking in at port and boarding etc as we'll all be travelling to port together. They are a little nervous and I'm not sure how they will feel if we are split up.

Thanks
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jonsgirl80 View Post
Sorry to hijack but I was just coming on to ask a similar question.

We are travelling with my in laws. We are silver members but they havent cruised before - we have seperate staterooms.

How does it work with PAT, checking in at port and boarding etc as we'll all be travelling to port together. They are a little nervous and I'm not sure how they will feel if we are split up.

Thanks
Hi
If you have linked your bookings (or booked on the same reference number for instance), you will be able to see their details when you do your own online check in.
So your PAT times may be different as you can check in at 90 days prior, but they check in at 75 days prior. Their names will be greyed out until 75 days prior.

I wouldn't worry too much about the PAT as if you're all travelling together, you have no choice, but DCL would ask that you arrive at the later time you get, not the earlier one.
For check in at the terminal, they cannot go in the Castaway line as you can do, but you can go with them if you choose into the newbies line.
For boarding, it's directly linked to your PAT in Port Canaveral so you may have a lower and earlier boarding time than them, but if you want to board together, you should officially wait until their number is called.

Hope that helps.
Joa
Old 7 Mar 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Thanks bats thats really helpful.

I'm not sure if our bookings are linked. I thought I'd booked two rooms on the same booking but having checked they have different (consecutive) reference numbers so I'm presuming I booked seperately?

Is there anyway I can link them after booking? - I'm presuming I will need to so that we get seated together at dinner? (I know i could sort that once on board but I'd rather do it beforehand if possible)
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jonsgirl80 View Post
Thanks bats thats really helpful.

I'm not sure if our bookings are linked. I thought I'd booked two rooms on the same booking but having checked they have different (consecutive) reference numbers so I'm presuming I booked seperately?

Is there anyway I can link them after booking? - I'm presuming I will need to so that we get seated together at dinner? (I know i could sort that once on board but I'd rather do it beforehand if possible)
To check, just log into your DCL account (disneycruise and go to My Reservations). If you booked together, you'll be able to see their room too.
If not, or in case you want to make sure, just call DCL with both ressie numbers and ask for them to be linked.
Simple.

Joa
Old 7 Mar 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dipurves
Gone all Goofy

When we sailed last year our friends were Castaway members but it was our first time. They came with us at the later PAT time but we were able to join them in the Castaway members queue to check in. Needless to say we are hooked and have already booked another cruise for next year
dipurves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List