Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Mar 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldcoast View Post
There's an option to choose + car seat. I think its costs $5-8 more then a car without.

What are the laws? If you don't mind me asking
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Chi...es-p-1521.html
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by corey1 View Post
They do seem to work out much cheaper than other taxis but as someone else said can get lost. Our driver got totally lost going to universal and the price was a good bit more than estimated. However it's very easy to text them if problems arise and they always sorted them out quickly.
Hi, can I ask, are you not given a definite price when you book, regardless of whether they 'get lost' or not?

It's just that you refer to an estimated price and seem to suggest that the final price was considerably more.
Thanks
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
doryfan1
Apprentice Imagineer

Can I ask, do you need to download the uber app in the states to get the credits in dollars? I was going to download it here but then the credit would be in sterling or would that not be the case?
Joanne x
doryfan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Im planning on using uber to get from sfb to my hotel and back - estimates about $50 each way. The quotes ive had from the various transfer companies this year all seem to be $200 plus return !
Old 18 Apr 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by doryfan1 View Post
Can I ask, do you need to download the uber app in the states to get the credits in dollars? I was going to download it here but then the credit would be in sterling or would that not be the case?
I downloaded it here on the basis that credits would not be loaded until such time as I ordered an Uber taxi over there
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Hi, can I ask, are you not given a definite price when you book, regardless of whether they 'get lost' or not?

It's just that you refer to an estimated price and seem to suggest that the final price was considerably more.
Thanks
Its all to do with distance travelled, so if they travel more miles because they got lost, it would charge you more, but you can claim that back from Uber easily enough.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List