Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Apr 17, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Transfers and Disney springs check in

Hi all, was wondering if you could give your opinion/advice? Got myself in a bit of a pickle!

So the first time we came out to Florida we did a virgin holiday, and did Disney springs check in - virgin sorted the transfer accordingly.

Last year we did Thomas cook so had a standard hoppa shuttle return transfer from I drive to the airport.

This year, we're diy but got a good virgin flight price with miles + money, so we're going to pay for Disney springs check in.

Stupid me forgot this the other week and booked return I drive to mco hoppa shuttle transfers. Upon realising I'd messed up I've been in touch with them to change it but they are struggling to help with a trip to Disney springs on the return. I've paid just under £50 for the standard return transfer I think. They're getting back to me with quotes for various options but I don't think it's going to work, so I may need to pay the £5 cancellation fee and just go elsewhere.

Has anyone has much experience with transfers incorporating Disney springs? Thinking of utilising Uber (ok with big cases?) on the way back instead, or do you know if virgin can sell me a decent transfer even though I only have flights, not a hol package?

Any thoughts would be helpful, thank you

Edited at 01:05 PM.
MissCellaneous is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

P.s. Needless to say we don't drive / hire a car over there
Old 11 May 17, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

For anyone else having a similar problem, I've amended my booking to a one-way transfer from MCO - Rosen @ Pointe (whereby Hoppa have kindly waived my cancellation charge), and I'm Ubering both to Disney Springs (will get advice on the day re. Uber size for our cases), then to MCO on leaving day.