Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Apr 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithk2
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Treehouse stay, France - anyone done this?

We're planning an August French roadtrip. As part of the hol we thought it might be nice to have a night in a treehouse, for something different.

However, I'm quite an arachnophobe and I was wondering how bad the spider/bug situation would be
Smithk2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Didnt want to read and run.

I looked into this as there are some fantastic treehouse sites in the Dordogne area. "Les Chateaux dans les Arbres was the one I fancied. The interiors looked less rustic than many of the others.

In the end we didnt go for it and stayed in a lodge in the grounds. Plenty of spiders and bugs there too. I suspect that whether you stay in the countryside or in a treehouse the bugs issue will likely be the same.

Best way to avoid them is to stay in a hotel / house in a town, and even then cannot guarantee that there wont be any!

Go for the chateau in the trees - I wish we had
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithk2
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Didnt want to read and run.

I looked into this as there are some fantastic treehouse sites in the Dordogne area. "Les Chateaux dans les Arbres was the one I fancied. The interiors looked less rustic than many of the others.

In the end we didnt go for it and stayed in a lodge in the grounds. Plenty of spiders and bugs there too. I suspect that whether you stay in the countryside or in a treehouse the bugs issue will likely be the same.

Best way to avoid them is to stay in a hotel / house in a town, and even then cannot guarantee that there wont be any!

Go for the chateau in the trees - I wish we had
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I know it sounds really babyish but I know I won't be able to relax if I'm checking for bugs every few minutes! I'll have to have a think as the tree houses do look fab!
Smithk2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List