Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Mar 07, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Top Tips for Cruising

What are your 3 top tips for Cruising?

Bearing in mind we are only on a 3 night cruise. What should we new cruisers not miss out on?
Old 16 Mar 07, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hmmmmm, ok here are mine Michelle!

1. make your reservstions for anything special online before you go...Palo dinner or brunch, or a spa visit or massge on castaway cay...they can get very booked up...

2. Order your morning coffee from room service the night before to be delivered at your chosen timein the monring. If you have a balcony you can sit and drink while watching the waves go by...

3. Look out in your 'navigators' for anything you really fancy doing and make sure you sign up for it... that margerita tasting or beer sampling for example...

I'm sure there are more but this is off the top of my head!
Old 16 Mar 07, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
LOL's Mandy how did I know there would be a margeritta tasting in there

Thanks keep em coming.
Old 16 Mar 07, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mandymouse
Serious Dibber

My top 3 tips for a 3 night would be

1. Don't miss the Shows
2. Don't miss the different Restaurants and Menus each evening
3. Take your camera or camcorder everywhere as there is always a photo opportunity with the Characters

For a 4 night

Don't miss Palo brunch (absolutely fantastic food)

Mandy

mandymouse
mandymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 07, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Originally Posted by TinkerShell
LOL's Mandy how did I know there would be a margeritta tasting in there

Thanks keep em coming.

don't know what you mean!
Old 16 Mar 07, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Mandy, I agree about Palo brunch... an absolute 'must'!
Old 16 Mar 07, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
It's making me wish I could of booked the 4 night now.
Old 16 Mar 07, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Here are my top tips ..

1/ Make sure you are covered for cruising on your holiday insurance; some cover it for no extra charge, and some make a small charge - either way you must ensure you are covered- don't just assume you are.
Just imagine what being airlifted off the ship off the coast of the US might cost you, if you were not covered in an emergency !

2/ Book a 4 night (that's 3 days) rather than a 3 night (that's 2 days) trip if you possibly can (sorry Tinkershell ! ) - the extra day aboard is so worth it.

3/ Do book as early as you can, there are so many advantages, and you have nothing to lose ... not even your deposit (in most circumstances up to 75 days before sail date) !

4/ Get to the port for port opening (about 10.15am) to get the earliest boarding time (about 11.45am) - the sooner you are on board, the sooner your cruise starts ! You can eat at the restaurants and swim inthe pools before the crowds arrive.

5/ Pack your swim wear in your hand luggage when you board the ship, so you can use the pools straight away (no need for towels - they are available pool side). You won't be reunited with your luggage until late afternoon.

6/ Don't settle on the first bit of family beach on Castaway Cay keep walking past the main food area another 5 mins to the bit of beach opposite the last line of little shops (these are on your right of the path). The beach here is far less crowded and though you have a little further to walk to the food / drink stations etc., you will not be sitting shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the ship !

7/ Do use room service for breakfast to gain more time to have fun, and more space in your tummy ! Eating on board can be a bit of a marathon !

8/ Do visit the Pirate Museum (with attached pub & shop) at Nassau , especially if you have young kids - cheap, interesting, easy to walk to and good range of pirate goodies !

Above all have fun !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 04:47 PM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 07, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for the tips guys, they will be invaluable on our 3 night. Keep em coming...
Old 16 Mar 07, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
ok, if we're not just doing 3 then...

... do make sure you get to know your fellow diners, and enjoy the time with them... we were very hesitant about dining with strangers at our table, but made some lovely friends last cruise