Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Apr 07, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

I just got back from Cyprus yesterday... wish someone would tell me that I'm going on a surprise Disney cruise

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 07, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen uk
Imagineer

Helen uk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sam thats so nice,why dont you keep it quiet from them and tell them around christmas time.That can be there presents.

Or are you like me( Loose Lips )

2006 Animal Kindgom Lodge
2007 Villa Caribbean Beach Resort and HRH
Helen uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 07, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
what a wonderful surprise Sam, would love to do that for my parents!
Old 24 Apr 07, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by grumpys wife View Post
Sam I think you are a lovely, thoughtful daughter, to do something as wonderful as that, will they be going to WDW with you also or joining you for the cruise
Well, I did think long and hard about taking them to WDW, but, TBH I think after the year we have had with the move/kids/worry/leaving the RAF etc etc that we really need some 'us family time'

So, we are having the first 2 weeks at WDW on our own, we can get round the parks faster without my parents in tow, and we can be a bit more flexible with eating times etc, and we can be totally selfish and do what WE want to do without having to consider other people

They are flying out to join us on the 17th, they will stay at the villa on the
18th recovering from the flight while we got to Busch, then we all go on the cruise the next day on the 19th Jan.

When we get back off the cruise they will have a couple of days relaxation with us at the villa then we all check into the HRH for 3 nights, on Thu 31st they head off to Sandford for their flight to Gatwick and at the same time we head to MCO for our flight to Chile so the timmings couldnt have worked out better.

Actually got an unbeliavably cheap fly drive for them with TCD - 2 x Adults return flight, compact car with platinum insurance for £756! Only problem is that it goes from Gatwick not Manchester but they will just have to deal with that!

Would love to wait and keep it as a suprise but I need to tell them so they can get themselves organised. I am not telling the kids though, we are going to have my parents ring the doorbell when they arrive at the villa and the kids open the door - can you imagine the shock of finding grandma and grandad on the doorstep in Florida after not seeing them for 15 months?!

EDIT -

Have just checked over my itinerary again, and this is what I had - Sat 26th Jan - return to villa from cruise - dinner undecided

Now the important part of that is the DINNER UNDECIDED part... well, its not undecided no more!

Sooooo excited - Im going to take my Mum to V & A! we went together last year just the 2 of us and it was AMAZING, and I didnt think I would get to go this year because DH wouldnt go with me - but how fortunate to find a free night in the itinerary where I can now go with Mum again!

Happy Happy Happy !

Edited at 03:01 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 07, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Sam you have bought tears to my eyes I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they turn up on your doorstep of the villa. We are lucky enough to go away with our children and grandchildren a lot so I can imagine that this holiday will be very special to you, time for you and your's at WDW, then some quality time as an extended family. I wish you nothing but happy times
Old 24 Apr 07, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CBR600 View Post
Only problem is that it goes from Gatwick not Manchester but they will just have to deal with that!
Just a thought - is it worth a phone call to TCD to see how much they would charge your parents to swap to a Manchester flight ?

...if its going to be alot to do this now, I'd keep my eye on the Manchester flight to see if the price drops... then ring again to swap them nearer the time if possible.

Glad to hear you have got it all booked now

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 07, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What a lovely daughter you are !
Old 26 Apr 07, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nixieh
Imagineer

Wow, that really will be a fantastic surprise for your parents when they get back from Cyprus and your kids next year. I am excited for them and for you.

Nicola

2006 4 night DCL and AKL, 2007 Poly and DCL, 2008 Beach Club and Villa,2009 Christmas, 2011 Poly and Beach Club Concierge
nixieh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 07, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

What a wonderful surprise for them, hope you all have a magical time.
Old 26 Apr 07, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
That is soooo nice, sounds really exciting. I'd love to do a disney cruise
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread