Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Apr 07, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Should I book last minute cruise?

Just finalising the planning for our next trip in less than 2 weeks and have noticed I can get a price of c£750 for the disney Bahamas 3 night cruise for family of 4. This is our 3rd time to Florida and as we have never been on the cruise I was wondering whether this was a good deal and if it would be worth doing in the middle of our 2 weeks? Any views?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 07, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

I think this is a very good price. If you read the American equivilant to this site they tend to put the prices nearer the time. When are you going?

We paid £800 for 3 night going on 27th Sept.

Jackie
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 07, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Definately do it - that's a great rate. Ours came to £1100 for 4 cruising mid August.
Old 29 Apr 07, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Thumbs up

We did the same 3 night cruise in Feb, during our 2 wk holiday too. Ours was just under £700 but that was for an infant, one child & 2 adults so this seems a good price to me!
The Disney cruises usually go up in price as you get nearer, what Stateroom is that for? we booked a Cat 12 but got a Cat 10 which was perfect for us!
we'd never cruised b4 & it was excellent, so much so we are hoping to do a 7 night one next year!
I say Go for it!
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 07, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Seems good to me

... we paid £920 for a 4 night one Feb 2006 - 2 Adults/2 Children for a cat 11 (though we later upgraded to a cat 9 ).
Just think if you did Discovery Cove you'd be paying around £520 for your family, and though not really the same thing I grant you, this is for 2 days full board, full Disney entertainment and a trip to the Bahamas !

My top tip would be to do the 4 night if you can though, as you will be glad of that extra day, and it is not usually that much more than the 3 night.

Go for it you won't regret it (but don't forget there will be some tips to pay on top of this) !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 07:54 AM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 07, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mandymouse
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by geordiekev View Post
Just finalising the planning for our next trip in less than 2 weeks and have noticed I can get a price of c£750 for the disney Bahamas 3 night cruise for family of 4. This is our 3rd time to Florida and as we have never been on the cruise I was wondering whether this was a good deal and if it would be worth doing in the middle of our 2 weeks? Any views?
Wow, that looks like a bargain - could I please be nosey and ask who your quote is with and what category stateroom that is for

Thanks Mandy (aka nosey parker )

mandymouse
mandymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 07, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
I would go for it too. Seems like a great price.
Old 30 Apr 07, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'd go for it as the price does seem good

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 07, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
IMHO it all depends if you want to "lose" 2 days of your holidays - one day travelling to and embarking the ship and another disembarking and travelling back to your hotel. I know the journeys are not long ones but you won't be able to do much else on those two days, except perhaps the evening of the return journey.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 07, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

I wouldn't worry too much about losing days from your holiday ...

The port is only an hours drive from Orlando.

We get to the port early on the day of departure, as you can board from 12noon... and thereby 'extend' your cruise by enjoying many of the ships facilities and (free) food all afternoon, before you sail at around 5pm.

On your return, you disembark the ship so early (that's one of the downsides really ) that you will be on the road back up to Orlando by 9am... and back in time for park opening if you are up for it

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread