Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Apr 04, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Filming the rides

Dibbers,

Was any of you surprised at the way Universal/Disney are really clamping down on the use of a video camera while on the attractions.

I was lucky and filmed most things, but one guy got caught on Pirates of the Caribbean - they stopped the ride and he got a right telling off!

Anyone else had the same problem!

Cheers

Mark
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 04, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post

What other rides were they stopping videotaping on Mark? I've never really had any problems before although there are a few rides like Back to the Future where it's always been discouraged. I've filmed Pirates several times without any hassles. Every time I've been on that ride there have been people videotaping it and there's never been a problem.
Old 5 Apr 04, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Jaws, Jurassic Park, Men in black, was some of the main ones that they dont stand for video taping.

Jaws really surprised me on that one. It was mainly Universal Studios that was strict on the taping.
Old 12 Apr 04, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1901
slightly serious Dibber

I filmed most of Jurassic Park except for the bits inside the building.

I also filmed the whole of Jaws. The man at the beginning did say to everyone no video taping allowed but i really wanted it on vid! We were on the 2nd row so would have seen it but didn't do any thing about it.

This was in October so maybe they have got more strict ?!?
Old 13 Apr 04, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Man, i tried to record Jaws and the lady driving the boat wouldnt have any of it. Its a shame really cause its a risk we take, its not there camera and with Jaws for example i could see no reason at all why recording should be banned.

It was mainly universal that was strict. In the end i hardly recorded anything as i didnt want rides or shows stopped and ruin over peoples days just becuase i wanted it on tape.

I guess it depends on who ya have on the day and what sort of mood they are in eh!
Old 13 Apr 04, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Maybe they don't like you recording it because of all the 'mystery' surrounding it - our driver told us to 'keep it quiet' when we landed, 'cos it wouldn't do the tourist business any good... Digital video recorders with screens do make it much easier to record stuff though - not as obvious as holding a camera to your face all the time...
Old 13 Apr 04, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Doesn't this have anything to do with copyrights etc? You cannot tape at cineams, theatres & the like so I assume it applies at WDW as well!
Old 13 Apr 04, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We videoed Jaws without any trouble, mind you that was last may!, weve also got ET, winnie the pooh and a few others.
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 04, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Maybe someone can send me the VT on the jaws ride, so i can edit it into my holiday DVD hahaa.
Old 17 Apr 04, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by Doody

It was mainly universal that was strict. In the end i hardly recorded anything as i didnt want rides or shows stopped and ruin over peoples days just becuase i wanted it on tape.
Universal are definitely more strict. I was told off when taping Cat in the Hat. I hadn't noticed any signs saying that I couldn't film. But then 'the voice of God' appeared, and told me to put it away...
Ian
Closed Thread