Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Apr 13, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

When we were on Mariner OTS there was the buffet, the main restaurant which was gorgeous, 2 storey, a steakhouse (for a fee) and another one (for a fee) and Johnny Rockets which was great. I'm sure Adventure OTS is the same class of ship. You won't go hungry. There was also a coffee shop in the "street" which was open 24hrs and had lovely snacks and cakes. The specialty coffees were charged but filter coffee was free. You could buy a soda card but in the buffet lemonade (US style) and iced tea were included.

I think RCL may do a drinks package now but these can work out quite pricey, although convenient.

Let us know how you get on, I'm currently watching prices on AOTS for October as it seems reasonably priced and falls exactly in DS October holiday
Old 4 Apr 13, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post

On IOTS all tea and coffee was free along with fruit juice on the buffet. There was the same type tea shop on the main street 24hrs. Soda is not free, you can buy a card for that and a drink package.
RCL are great Im sure you will love it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 13, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Hi

I hope you are going to do a trip report when you come back.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 13, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Aos

I'm sure it was the AOS we went on in 2010. We had a great time. It was just my husband & I for 5 nights to celebrate his birthday. We did the option for any time dining so could be more flexible with dinner times. We did the Palo equivalent -enjoyed it but didn't think it was as good as Palo or Remy so unless we had the kids and were looking for a child free night I wouldn't bother. Enoyed Jonny Rockets for a burger too.

The shows along the promenade area were really good fun & we loved the ice skating show (if they are doing this you should make sure you get tickets-the time to collect them prior to the show should be confirmed on board).

Have a fab time.
T
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 13, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Ears
VIP Dibber

Hi I've done one 2 night cruise with p & o - yes people were drinking, lots of stag / hen parties but no trouble.. You don't have to join in .. I'm also booked on independence of the seas for a 2 night break with my twin... Can't wait! We've paid to park in Southampton dock right next to the ship £28. Which date are you looking at ?
Old 5 Apr 13, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
The adventurer of the seas as it falls on bank hol weekend.

Still not sure what or if soft drinks and teac and coffee is free
We're sailing on AofS next May to Norway! It'll be our first RCI cruise. Soft drink are extra - you can pre-pay for a soda pkg though. As far as I know, tea and coffee are free.

Have a great time and please post some piccies/ a short review when you get home.
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 13, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Ears
VIP Dibber

Hi I've also been on 11 night canaries cruise on independence of the seas .. You get free tea/coffee making facilities in your cabin, free coffee, lemonade style water drink in windjammer, free coffee, tea, hot chocolate in 2 cafe in the royal proms (one each end of the royal prom) hot chocolate with marshmallows is fab! You need to ask for packet over the counter and mix where the hot water tank is held. Only jug water is free with your dining meal in Macbeth etc .. We purchased the refillable mugs for the children and as we don't drink managed the whole cruise with the free ones available. The coffee is lively in the prom area.. When ordering from any bar even coffee you need to pay. Enjoy your cruises x happy to answer any rci queries..
Old 9 Apr 13, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Hi

Thanks all

Booked to go in may on aos

I have booked a gtee inside but still do not know my stateroom.

Thinking of staying at hol inn the night before right by the port

Big ears any other info you can give would be appreciated. I am hoping there will be some shows in the evenings, think with aos you just turn up?

We have got my time dining. Do I book the times now or when I get on board?

Edited at 11:51 PM.
Eeyorefanuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 13, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Ears
VIP Dibber

I quick note of ideas ..
You will get a daily navigator planner .. Take a highlighter to mark what you want to do .. Not enough time to do it all.
Try the wall, skating.. Etc
The art auction is very interesting and free champaign.
Hot tub great.. Visit at midnight or when the boat is leaving port.
Ice creams free at certain times on pool deck.
If the skate show is on get your tickets early .. Well worth it.
The theatre shows are great ..
Try and avoid my time dining immediately after shows as busy then - i think you can prebook.
Don't do cruise excursions as very expensive .. Book your own.
The prom parties are worth going to .. Don't bother with the sales port stops talk.
Enjoy :-)
Let me know which one your on .. We might be on the same cruise ? I'm on 2/5 2 night with my twin. This will be my first break without the children and I can't wait !
Old 10 Apr 13, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
I quick note of ideas ..
You will get a daily navigator planner .. Take a highlighter to mark what you want to do .. Not enough time to do it all.
Try the wall, skating.. Etc
The art auction is very interesting and free champaign.
Hot tub great.. Visit at midnight or when the boat is leaving port.
Ice creams free at certain times on pool deck.
If the skate show is on get your tickets early .. Well worth it.
The theatre shows are great ..
Try and avoid my time dining immediately after shows as busy then - i think you can prebook.
Don't do cruise excursions as very expensive .. Book your own.
The prom parties are worth going to .. Don't bother with the sales port stops talk.
Enjoy :-)
Let me know which one your on .. We might be on the same cruise ? I'm on 2/5 2 night with my twin. This will be my first break without the children and I can't wait !
Thanks for that

We are on the 5 may and on AOS not IOS. Just because of dates really.

If the skate show is on where do I get tickets from please?

Since it is the AOS do I need to pre book theatre seats? Though not since smaller ship?