Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 13, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

just a quickkie

is bruce the shark in finding nemo? if he is then a quick heads up, he appears every so often on the interactive screens during the show in the animators restaurant, he swims into view on one screen does a big goofy smile showing all teeth and them swims back out again before heading onto the next screen

to avoid any distress i would check which table you will be at during the day and if you are very close to a screen then ask to be moved more into the centre of the room
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 13, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mazz View Post
just a quickkie

is bruce the shark in finding nemo? if he is then a quick heads up, he appears every so often on the interactive screens during the show in the animators restaurant, he swims into view on one screen does a big goofy smile showing all teeth and them swims back out again before heading onto the next screen

to avoid any distress i would check which table you will be at during the day and if you are very close to a screen then ask to be moved more into the centre of the room

Thank you so much for the heads up. Yes Bruce is the shark from Finding Nemo and that toothy grin he does is what scared her and has given her a fear of sharks :-(

Will follow your advice and check where we are sitting.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 13, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Yes - we have booked it!

Does the Disney Dream have a nice send off with characters at the end of the 3 night cruise?

Also, as we are going in August, it is obviously in the middle of hurricane season. What happens if a hurricane hits - does the cruise get cancelled or is it diverted?

Sorry for all the questions!
There is a farewell in the atrium on the last evening .. Check your Navigator for exact times. Push littlies to the front!

Originally Posted by sam diss View Post
We are going towards the end of august too, but going for the 4 day Bahamas cruise, really excited. Not sure what to expect with regards to sitting with others, do they normally match you up a bit with similar age children, we have 2 teenage daughters. I think it will be nice to meet some new people.
Also worried about hurricane season but will just take it as it comes, we cant go at any other time, so just fingers crossed it will be beautiful hot sunny and CALM!.
Yes they do try to match you up with similar family make ups. For your teens, their best bet is to attend the appropriate club on the first day/evening. They will ask the older ones (teens) what kind of activities they want to do for the cruise, so it's in their own hands. For sure, the American boys will love them!
Old 1 May 13, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

With regards to the clubs - I have a 12 year old daughter and an almost 10 year old daughter. They won't want go to different clubs and as my youngest is really tall for her age and looks older, will she be able to attend the 11+ club?
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 13, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Definitely get a balcony if you can run to it. We were upgraded owing to virgin booking us in wrong cruise (long story) so ended up with one. Wouldn't do without now for the fresh air and views of ports.
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 13, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
With regards to the clubs - I have a 12 year old daughter and an almost 10 year old daughter. They won't want go to different clubs and as my youngest is really tall for her age and looks older, will she be able to attend the 11+ club?
Height doesn't come into it.
Depending on how busy the cruise is, will depend on whether or not a 'wrong age' child is allowed in a different club.

Don't bank on it though and remember that just because she's tall, it doesn't make the activities or discussion suitable for her age .. That's why they have age groups!

Your 12 year old could possibly go into the younger age club ... That would be more likely I imagine in a busy Dream cruise.

Edited at 10:08 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 13, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I haven't been yet but the activities in the older club might not be suitable for your 10yr old, I would get them to go to the appropriate clubs an the chances are they will have such a great time they won't care about not being together.
Old 2 May 13, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Height doesn't come into it.
Depending on how busy the cruise is, will depend on whether or not a 'wrong age' child is allowed in a different club.

Don't bank on it though and remember that just because she's tall, it doesn't make the activities or discussion suitable for her age .. That's why they have age groups!

Your 12 year old could possibly go into the younger age club ... That would be more likely I imagine in a busy Dream cruise.
Yes I was worried the activities wouldn't be appropriate.

To be honest they are not keen on going to clubs and my youngest is very shy, so like you say might be better for the 12 year old to go to the younger one, but I won't bank on it.

THink on a 3 day cruises, there wil not be much time to go to clubs anyway as we will be enjoying spending time as a family in the pools, shows, offshore etc!
Old 6 May 13, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
There is just the two of us... and to be honest that's he way we like it... we just prefer it! After some of the behaviour at the tables we saw its probably just as well...d
Uh oh, tell me more... what sort of behaviour.?

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 13, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Uh oh, tell me more... what sort of behaviour.?
I wondered that too :0 ?
Closed Thread