Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 May 13, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Saxon
Very Serious Dibber

Food being thrown on the floor... temper tantrums when kids were told no! Banging tables with cutlery..ill stop there

We have no kids, and we're on our own after wedding vow renewals

So I stand corrected if that's the norm?
Saxon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 13, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Wow!

We're going as a couple so I guess we'd be seated with other couples?

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 13, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Obnoxious behaviour from adults or children is not the norm
Old 7 May 13, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
Food being thrown on the floor... temper tantrums when kids were told no! Banging tables with cutlery..ill stop there

I would march my kids right out of the restaurant if they behaved like that!
For the op - Book your younger one into the 10 and under kids club but don't book your older one into it or she won't be able to go into the pre teen club if you do. She can go into the younger one's club as a guest any time, then just play it by ear. As you say, on a 3 night cruise, they probably won't spend much time in the clubs anyway x
Old 7 May 13, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Saxon
Very Serious Dibber

Not sure... we were first put on a table with gran,grandad,mum,dad and two kids... we only sat down there for 10 minutes and then asked to be moved

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Wow!

We're going as a couple so I guess we'd be seated with other couples?
Saxon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 13, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Saxon View Post

We saw this on other tables too

It was a very small minority and every night they would complain the menu was too fancy and get pizza and chips delivered to the table!
Old 7 May 13, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Not that it should make any difference at all, but the short cruises seem to have more newbies on that perhaps don't realise what cruising and/or DCL is about.

We would avoid a 3 night unless it was the only opportunity we had to sail. A 4 night is better, but a 3 night doesn't give you or the staff time to get to know each other which can make a huge difference to your cruise experience.

Manners cost nothing of course.
Book a 7 night next time and see the difference!
Old 7 May 13, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post

we never noticed any of this on the one and only 3 night that we did but we did see a table with a family who definitely had no manners whatsoever on the double dip that we did in jan 2011 and that was a 5 night cruise

after one night we never saw them again so i don't think they enjoyed the main dining at all but it was very obvious that for this one family sitting down to eat together at a table was a new experience, the children behaved pretty well i thought considering their "role model" parents behaved like they should be in a farmyard enclosure rather than sat at a dining table, i actually felt sorry for the little ones

Edited at 08:24 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 13, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Out of 5 cruises we've only once experienced a bad mannered family at the next table. The dad wore the same shabby coca cola t shirt every night, the older boys were very loud and demanded bowls of cherries which they got and half ate and half threw to each other and the mom came in late every night with the toddler and proceeded to get her boob out to feed the TODDLER (who was actually old enough to get a plate of chips on the side!) I felt very bad for the mother father and daughter of about 9 who shared with them who deserved a medal. They would look over to us with panicked expressions but were very gracious and attempted to speak to the other family. I personally would have asked for a move. This was a huge exception though and I guess wherever you go around the world there is always "that" family.

Lisa x
Old 7 May 13, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Not that it should make any difference at all, but the short cruises seem to have more newbies on that perhaps don't realise what cruising and/or DCL is about.

We would avoid a 3 night unless it was the only opportunity we had to sail. A 4 night is better, but a 3 night doesn't give you or the staff time to get to know each other which can make a huge difference to your cruise experience.

Manners cost nothing of course.
Book a 7 night next time and see the difference!
Our experience was on a 7 night cruise by the end of cruise I was confused why this particular family had booked it in the first place!

Hasn't stopped me booking another cruise for the future though you get bad table manners everywhere!